Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sequence extraction
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sequence extraction Post 302951321 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 5th of August 2015 06:17:48 AM
Old 08-05-2015
Please explain your example; it is not at all clear to me.

You say you want the output:
Code:
>gi|546709146|gb|AWWX01426952.1|
acctgctgcatgcgtgcgtggcgtgcaaaatgcagtcaaggcaggtcagtccatgcatgacgtgcaatgcattgcatggcgtgcaaaatgcaggcgtggcgtgcaaaatgcagtcaaaaaattgccgtgcaatgggcc

which seems to have been selected by the line:
Code:
gi|546709146|gb|AWWX01426952.1|	       52962	52984

from the file result.ods which I thought meant that you wanted characters 52962 through 52984 from the data following a line starting with:
Code:
>gi|546709146|gb|AWWX01426952.1|

in the file 1.fasta. But, that string does not appear in 1.fasta and, even if it did, the data from characters 52962 through 52984 would be 23 characters long; not the 138 characters you have said you want to have output.

What am I misunderstanding???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with tar extraction!

I have this tar file which has files of (.ksh, .ini &.sql) and their hard and soft links. Later when the original files and their directories are deleted (or rather lost as in a system crash), I have this tar file as the only source to restore all of them. In such a case when I do, tar... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK extraction

Hi all, I have a data file from which i would like to extract only certain fields, which are not adjacent to each other. Following is the format of data file (data.txt) that i have, which has about 6 fields delimited by "|" HARRIS|23|IT|PROGRAMMER|CHICAGO|EMP JOHN|35|IT|JAVA|NY|CON... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction of last but one char

I need to extract the character before the last "|" in the following lines, which are 'N' and 'U'. The last "|" shouldn't be extracted. Also the no.s of "|" may vary in a line, but I need only the character before the last one. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex extraction

Hello, I need your help to extract text from following: ./sherg_fyd_rur:blkabl="R23.21_BL2008_0122_1" ./serge_a75:rlwual="/main/r23.21=26-Mar-2008.05:00:20UTC@R11.31_BL2008_0325" ./serge_a75:blkabl="R23.21_BL2008_0325" ./sherg_proto_npiv:bkguals="R23.21_BL2008_0302 I80_11.31_LR" I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdurrouf
11 Replies

5. Programming

extraction from a path

Hi, Can you help me on this two problems? how can i get : from input: /ect/exp/hom/bin ==> output: exp and from input: aex1234 =====>output: ex thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeclota
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction

I have following input @xxxxxx@ I want to extract what's between @....@ that is : xxxx using SED command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fast sequence extraction

Hi everyone, I have a large text file containing DNA sequences in fasta format as follows: >someseq GAACTTGAGATCCGGGGAGCAGTGGATCTC CACCAGCGGCCAGAACTGGTGCACCTCCAG GCCAGCCTCGTCCTGCGTGTC >another seq GGCATTTTTGTGTAATTTTTGGCTGGATGAGGT GACATTTTCATTACTACCATTTTGGAGTACA >seq3450... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Extraction

I am trying to extract a time from the below string in perl but not able to get the time properly I just want to extract the time from the above line I am using the below syntax x=~ /(.*) (\d+)\:(\d+)\:(\d+),(.*)\.com/ $time = $2 . ':' . $3 . ':' . $4; print $time Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karan8810
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of upstream and downstream regions from long sequence file

Hello, here I am posting my query again with modified data input files. see my query is : i have two input files file1 and file2. file1 is smalldata.fasta >gi|546671471|gb|AWWX01449637.1| Bubalus bubalis breed Mediterranean WGS:AWWX01:contig449636, whole genome shotgun sequence... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpreetmanku04
20 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)