Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search multiple pattern in a file Post 302951242 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 4th of August 2015 09:08:56 AM
Old 08-04-2015
Code:
awk '/UNKNOWN/ {x=$0} x!="" && /
CRITICAL/ { print x; print; exit }' <file_name>

---------- Post updated at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:51 AM ----------

Code:
awk '/UNKNOWN/ {x=$0} x!="" && /CRITICAL/ { print x; print; exit }' <file_name>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search in multiple lines

Hi, I have to search those statements from the file which starts from "shanky"(only shanky, shanky09 or 09shanky is not allowed) and ends with ");". These two string can be in a same line or different line. And also i have to negate those lines which starts with #. Can any one please give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanky09
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass multiple file types search pattern as argument to find?

How can I pass $var_find variable as argment to find command? test.sh var_find=' \( -name "*.xml" -o -name "*.jsp" \) ' echo "${var_find}" find . -type f ${var_find} -print # Below statement works fine.. I want to replace this with the above.. #find . \( -name "*.xml" -o -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to search multiple pattern in file with grep/sed/awk

Hello All, I have a file which is having below type of data, Jul 19 2011 | 123456 Jul 19 2011 | 123456 Jul 20 2011 | 123456 Jul 20 2011 | 123456 Here I wanted to grep for date pattern as below, so that it should only grep "Jul 20" OR "Jul ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern search in perl

user 10 values content is: musage.py yes value user 11 values content is: gusage.py yes value how to print "user" string line by searching "content is:" string and "usage.py" string in perl (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need with PERL multiple search pattern matching!

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=9 uid=oracle conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search pattern

Hello :) I have this file cat employee_list Name : jack Gender: m ID : 4512 DOB : 03/27/1980 hire date : 04/23/2012 Nationality: US marital status : single ===================== Name : mick Gender: m ID : 1256 DOB : 03/27/1970 Hire date : 012/10/2011 Nationality: US Marital... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with multiple pattern search

Want to fetch a column with multiple pattern using awk. How to achieve the same. Tried cat test address : 10.63.20.92/24 address : 10.64.22.93/24 address : 10.53.40.91/24 cat test | awk '{print $3}' |awk -F "/" '{print $1}' 10.63.20.92 10.64.22.93 10.53.40.91 Is there any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manasa Pradeep
2 Replies

8. Linux

Search multiple pattern from list

I am working on AIX operating system. I want to search list of Article Id for given Set Date (which are present in a seperate file input.txt) art_list.csv ------------ "Article ID" |"Ad Description" |"Pyramid"|"Pyramid Desc "|"ProductTypeId"|"Set Date "|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivrsk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search multiple files

#!/usr/bin/ksh a="Run successfully" cd $APPS ls -l *.txt | while read $txt do if then cp $APPS/$txt cp $hist/$txt else rm $APPS/$txt echo "Files has been removed" fi done New in shell script please help me out Around 100 txt files in $APPS dir i want to search pattern from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
8 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::PostOrderTraversal(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    Tree::Simple::Visitor::PostOrderTraversal(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::PostOrderTraversal - A Visitor for post-order traversal a Tree::Simple hierarchy SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::PostOrderTraversal; # create an visitor my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::PostOrderTraversal->new(); # pass our visitor to the tree $tree->accept($visitor); # print our results print join ", " => $visitor->getResults(); # this will print this: # 1.1.1 1.1 1.2 1 2.1 2 3.1 3 # assuming your tree is like this: # 1 # 1.1 # 1.1.1 # 1.2 # 2 # 2.1 # 3 # 3.1 DESCRIPTION
Post-order traversal is a variation of the depth-first traversal in which the sub-tree's are processed before the parent. It is another alternative to Tree::Simple's "traverse" method which implements a depth-first, pre-order traversal. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setNodeFilter" method to customize its behavior. includeTrunk ($boolean) Based upon the value of $boolean, this will tell the visitor to include the trunk of the tree in the traversal as well. setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are collected. This can be used to customize output, or to gather specific information from a more complex tree node. The filter function should accept a single argument, which is the current Tree::Simple object. visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. getResults This method returns the accumulated results of the application of the node filter to the tree. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-14 Tree::Simple::Visitor::PostOrderTraversal(3pm)