Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to replace blank tab with zero in a file? Post 302951233 by amyt1234 on Tuesday 4th of August 2015 07:24:41 AM
Old 08-04-2015
How to replace blank tab with zero in a file?

hi,

i need to replace a blank tab output in a file to zero.

input file:
Code:
2015/08/04 00:00:00                       171                       730579                         27088                 <blank>                             3823                          30273                  1621778             3284136                        284200                      1267655                418709                        1320811                         51865           <blank>                                                    198387                            518

output:
Code:
2015/08/04 00:00:00                       171                       730579                         27088                 0                             3823                          30273                  1621778             3284136                        284200                      1267655                418709                        1320811                         51865           0                                                    198387                            518

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace blank spaces by single tab, and right alignment

Folks, I am wondering if anyone solve this problem. What I want to know is, 1. Delete all white spaces including leading blank space in each line (e.g. line 2), and replace such spaces by single tab except leading blank space 2. Then, align all columns to the right. But, output white space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jae
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank spaces, tab spaces from file

Hello All, I am trying to remove all tabspaces and all blankspaces from my file using sed & awk, but not getting proper code. Please help me out. My file is like this (<b> means one blank space, <t> means one tab space)- $ cat file NARESH<b><b><b>KUMAR<t><t>PRADHAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace blank spaces with semicolon - text file

Hi all, Been trying to find a solution to this, I'm sure its a sed 1 liner, but I don't know sed well enough to work it out... I have a text file in the following format: 431 666 1332 2665 0.24395 432 670 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpcengineering
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a character with blank in a file

hi, I have a doubt in replacing characters with blank. My requirement is that, i have one file and looks like below 4:ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION '193,191' IMMEDIATE; 6:ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION '205,7274' IMMEDIATE; 5:ALTER SYSTEM DISCONNECT SESSION '206,34158' IMMEDIATE;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace & with and in tab separated file?

Hi, I have a tab separated. I want to replace all the "&" in 8th column of the file with "and" .I am trying with awk -F, -vOFS=\\t '{$8=($8=="&")?"and":$8}1' test> test1.txt My file is abc def ghk hjk lkm hgb jkluy acvf & bhj hihuhu fgg me mine he her go went has has & had hgf hgy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove blank columns from a tab delimited text file

Hello, I have some tab delimited files that may contain blank columns. I would like to delete the blank columns if they exist. There is no clear pattern for when a blank occurs. I was thinking of using sed to replace instances of double tab with blank, sed 's/\t\t//g' All of the examples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace period in a tab delimited file to a number

I have a file like this. It is tab delimited. Unfortunately, the missing data was filled in with a period "." (see the leading lines 1-5 columns) I want to substitute the periods for misisng data with an integer "-999". however, I do not want the global replace to change the other periods seen... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] - Replace blank and string in csv file

Hi all, i have a .csv file with only two columns, like: Login;Status Luca;S Marco; Stefano; Elettra;S Laura; ... I need to replace the blank space on Status column whit Enabled end, on the same column, S whit Disabled, like: Login;Status Luca;Disabled Marco;Enabled Stefano;Enabled... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a file, replace blank line by the last line not blank above

Dear All, In a CSV file, say that a given column has been extracted. In that column, information is missing (i.e. blank lines appear). I would like to replace the blank lines by the last valid line (not blank) previously read. For example, consider the extract below: 123 234 543 111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagvian
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace a column in tab delimited file with column in other tab delimited file,based on match

Hello Everyone.. I want to replace the retail col from FileI with cstp1 col from FileP if the strpno matches in both files FileP.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogeshG
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)