Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl Post 302951224 by mcosta on Tuesday 4th of August 2015 05:46:21 AM
Old 08-04-2015
thank you, this fixes my problem.

I also edited my previous post with the missing information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting huge XML Files into fixsized wellformed parts

Hi, I need to split xml-files with sizes greater than 2 gb into smaler chunks. As I dont want to end up with billions of files, I want those splitted files to have configurable sizes like 250 MB. Each file should be well formed having an exact copy of the header (and footer as the closing of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malapha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting huge xml into multiple files

hi all i have a some huge html files (500MB to 1GB). Each file has multiple <html></html> tags <html> ................. .................... .................... </html> <html> ................. .................... .................... </html> <html> .................... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a file (xml) into multiple files

To split the files Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Test.xml --------- <?xml version="UTF_8"> <emp: ....> <name>a</name> <age>10</age> </emp> <?xml version="UTF_8"> <emp: ....> <name>b</name> <age>10</age>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasi_u
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Splitting into multi files

Hi , I have a XML file like below file name : sample.xml <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> <author>Rajini</author> <title>XML Guide</title> <Text> </Text> <genre>Computer</genre> <price>44.95</price> </catalog> <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting CSV into variables then to XML file

I have a text file that looks like this: FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 I need it to turn it into an XML file to run against a custom application. My ultimate goal is for it to look like... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting the XML file into three different files

Hello Shell Guru's I have a requirement to split the source xml file into three different text file. And i need your valuable suggestion to finish this. Here is my source xml snippet, here i am using only one entry of <jms-system-resource>. There may be multiple entries in the source file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting the XML file and renaming the files

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement to split the xml file into different xml files. Can you please help me with that? Here is my Source XML file <jms-system-resource> <name>PS6SOAJMSModule</name> <target>soa_server1</target> <sub-deployment> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
3 Replies
POSTINSTALL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    POSTINSTALL(8)

NAME
postinstall -- check and fix installation after system upgrades SYNOPSIS
postinstall [-a arch] [-d destdir] [-m machine] [-s {srcdir | tgzdir | tgzfile}] operation [item [...]] DESCRIPTION
The postinstall utility performs post-installation checks and/or fixes on a system's configuration files. It is especially useful after sys- tem upgrades, e.g. after updating from NetBSD 1.6.2 to NetBSD 2.0. The items to check or fix are divided in two groups: enabled by default and disabled by default. The latter are items that are dangerous for some reason, for example because they remove files which may be still in use. If no items are provided, the default checks or fixes are applied. Those which are disabled by default must be provided explicitly. Supported options: -a arch MACHINE_ARCH. Defaults to machine of the host operating system. -d destdir Destination directory to check. Defaults to /. -m machine MACHINE. Defaults to machine of the host operating system. -s {srcdir | tgzdir | tgzfile} The location of the reference files, or the NetBSD source files used to create the reference files. This may be speci- fied in one of three ways: -s srcdir The top level directory of the NetBSD source tree. By default this is /usr/src. -s tgzdir A directory in which reference files have been extracted from a binary distribution of NetBSD. The files that are distributed in the ``etc.tgz'' set file must be present. The files that are distributed in the ``xetc.tgz'' set file are optional. -s tgzfile The location of a set file (or ``tgz file'') such as ``etc.tgz'' or ``xetc.tgz'' from a binary distribu- tion of NetBSD. Each set file is a compressed archive containing reference files, which will be extracted to the temproot directory. Multiple -s options may be used to specify multiple set files. The ``etc.tgz'' set file must be specified. The ``xetc.tgz'' set file is optional. The operation argument may be one of: check Perform post-installation checks on items. diff [diff(1) options] Similar to check, but also show the differences between the files. fix Apply fixes that check determines need to be applied. Not all items can be automatically fixed by postinstall, and in some cases an error will be reported, after which manual intervention will be required. Conflicts between existing files in the target file system and new files from the NetBSD distribution are resolved by replac- ing the existing file with the new file; there is no attempt to merge the files. See etcupdate(8) for an alternative update method that is able to merge files. help Display a short help. list List available items, showing if they are enabled or disabled by default. usage Same as help. EXIT STATUS
The postinstall utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs or a problem was found. SEE ALSO
etcupdate(8) HISTORY
The postinstall utility first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. In NetBSD 4.0, the -s tgzfile option was added. In NetBSD 5.0, the ability to specify multiple colon-separated files with a single -s option was deprecated. BSD
October 4, 2008 BSD