Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Need suggestions or references to find a way to get free Linux on Windows Post 302951189 by pat_pramod on Monday 3rd of August 2015 07:11:43 PM
Old 08-03-2015
This definitely sounds tempting to me Smilie
One question that just came to my mind, as windows 10 has just arrived, do you think I should wait to install ubuntu until I make my mind on whether or not to go for windows 10 Smilie
As it's a free upgrade for me (windows 8.1 to 10), I am thinking about it!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

X-Windows Free BSD

so, i have a video card SIS s315 AGP and i can't cofigure X Free on free BSD to run X window. Anybody can help me solve this problem?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dmitri-br
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need suggestions on Virtual Machine software for Windows

Hi, I am currently having an issue with Virtualbox. It, at one point in time, worked like a charm. Then my internal 500GB HD failed in my PC. It was under warranty and I sent off for another one but did not want to pay for the expedited shipping nor did I want to wait a few weeks to get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tlarkin
1 Replies

3. Linux

Linux Certification/Training suggestions ?

I have been working linux administration for 2.5 years. I would like to have a certification in this. Yes RHCE is an option. I think already know most of the RHCE stuff. But I would like to have some thing advanced. I ready to for a full time course as I not getting the exposure in my current... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep and regular expression to find class references in a c++ file

I'm trying to math all class references in a C++ file using grep with regular expression. I'm trying to know if a specific include is usuless or not, so I have to know if there is a refence in cpp. I wrote this RE that searches for a reference from class ABCZ, but unfortunately it isn't working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: passerby
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Linux NAS HowTo suggestions?

Hello - I'm looking for a VPN/NAS howto guide or solution that you can recommend. I've looked at FreeNAS, and am considering it, but not sure it does everything I need. Scenario: We are looking to build a NAS in our office from a linux machine on a limited budget. Our office is behind a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kettlewell
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use grep & find command to find references to a particular file

Hi all , I'm new to unix I have a checked project , there exists a file called xxx.config . now my task is to find all the files in the checked out project which references to this xxx.config file. how do i use grep or find command . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX based / like OS suggestions to dual boot with Windows

Hello everybody! I'm a long-time windows user with some very limited experience with some Linux distributions. I'm a programmer (in training), but I've worked mostly with .NET stuff. I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and was issued a MacBook Pro to work on. I have fallen in love with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: egill
3 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

[solved]Moving server...need to find all hard code IP references

I'm moving my web server to a different datacenter. OS is CentOS 5.8 Apache 2.2.3 qmail NcFTPd Its been 12 years since I relocated a server. Lots of brain cells lost since then...:-) I need to identify all the config files that contain the server's IP addresses. Memory has provided... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scasey
0 Replies
ddi_dma_numwin(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					ddi_dma_numwin(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_numwin - retrieve number of DMA windows SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_numwin(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t *nwinp); PARAMETERS
handle The DMA handle previously allocated by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). nwinp Upon a successful return, nwinp will contain the number of DMA windows for this object. INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_numwin() returns the number of DMA windows for a DMA object if partial resource allocation was permitted. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_numwin() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully filled in the number of DMA windows. DDI_FAILURE DMA windows are not activated. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_numwin() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_unbind_handle(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 1994 ddi_dma_numwin(9F)