Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl Post 302951155 by mcosta on Monday 3rd of August 2015 08:29:24 AM
Old 08-03-2015
hi, thanks for the feedback, I have now something to work with.

it looks going in the good direction the only thing I don't understand is why the output is has follows:

Code:
$VAR1 = [
          '<?',
          '="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Document>...</Document><?',
<Document>...</Document>'
        ];

I probably need an escape character my string no?

because the first <? get's separated from the full thing.

ok I get the split fix, because of the escape character. (/<\?xml version/)

but how do I make the split give me back the matching part has part of the result line?
maybe is just easier if I store it in a variable and then place it later.

code:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use Data::Dumper qw(Dumper);

sub usage {
    print "Usage: $_[0] <filename>\n";
    exit;
}
#
# $0 is always the name of the program
#
my $filename = shift or usage $0;

# Same:
# my $filename = shift @ARGV or usage $0;

open my $fh, '<', $filename or die "$!\n";
     # change the separator to empty and read
     # the whole file as a string
     local $/;
     my @content = split /<\?xml version/, <$fh>;
close $fh;

print Dumper \@content;

Last edited by mcosta; 08-04-2015 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: post first think later....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting huge XML Files into fixsized wellformed parts

Hi, I need to split xml-files with sizes greater than 2 gb into smaler chunks. As I dont want to end up with billions of files, I want those splitted files to have configurable sizes like 250 MB. Each file should be well formed having an exact copy of the header (and footer as the closing of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malapha
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting huge xml into multiple files

hi all i have a some huge html files (500MB to 1GB). Each file has multiple <html></html> tags <html> ................. .................... .................... </html> <html> ................. .................... .................... </html> <html> .................... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a file (xml) into multiple files

To split the files Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Test.xml --------- <?xml version="UTF_8"> <emp: ....> <name>a</name> <age>10</age> </emp> <?xml version="UTF_8"> <emp: ....> <name>b</name> <age>10</age>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasi_u
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Splitting into multi files

Hi , I have a XML file like below file name : sample.xml <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> <author>Rajini</author> <title>XML Guide</title> <Text> </Text> <genre>Computer</genre> <price>44.95</price> </catalog> <?xml version="1.0"?> <catalog> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthinvk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting CSV into variables then to XML file

I have a text file that looks like this: FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 FIELD1, FIELD2, THIS IS FIELD3, FIELD4 I need it to turn it into an XML file to run against a custom application. My ultimate goal is for it to look like... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting the XML file into three different files

Hello Shell Guru's I have a requirement to split the source xml file into three different text file. And i need your valuable suggestion to finish this. Here is my source xml snippet, here i am using only one entry of <jms-system-resource>. There may be multiple entries in the source file. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting the XML file and renaming the files

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement to split the xml file into different xml files. Can you please help me with that? Here is my Source XML file <jms-system-resource> <name>PS6SOAJMSModule</name> <target>soa_server1</target> <sub-deployment> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)