Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Method to run a shell script using shortcut key in keyboard with out logging to putty Post 302951134 by agent.kgb on Monday 3rd of August 2015 04:34:19 AM
Old 08-03-2015
Press F1 and read the manual.

Quote:
Once you have set up Plink to be able to log in to a remote server without any interactive prompting (see section 7.2.2), you can use it for lots of scripting and batch purposes. For example, to start a backup on a remote machine, you might use a command like:
plink root@myserver /etc/backups/do-backup.sh Or perhaps you want to fetch all system log lines relating to a particular web area:
plink mysession grep /~fred/ /var/log/httpd/access.log > fredlog Any non-interactive command you could usefully run on the server command line, you can run in a batch file using Plink in this way.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All Shortcut key combinations

Hi, I am using the Korn-Shell (ksh) and would like to know all the shortcut keys. For example: Shift + Insert etc. Thank you very much. Take care (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: --crimson--
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting terminal with shortcut key combination

How can the shortcut keys be defined that would open up a terminal window? When using a kvm switch, the mouse sometimes does not work, but the keyboard does, and by opening up a terminal window using a shortcut key combination, the mouse can be restarted by entering the predefined mouserestart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wanting to run a macro/script from PuTTY

We currently use TUN as an emulation program to connect to various unix applications. I am looking at moving to PuTTY release 0.60 but am getting stuck as one application runs a macro at startup to run a program. My question is, can you run a macro from PuTTY? Any pointers would be great. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtualpaul
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Copy entire line in bash (terminal) - keyboard shortcut

how can I do that? I can paste a line with ctrl+p; but I dont know how to copy it? ctrl+y - just deletes etc. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putty shortcut and ssh to another server question, possible in bash?

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but I couldnt spot another obvious forum for it. I have a windows shortcut which opens up a saved session in putty. From this session I then ssh to another remote server. I was wondering is there a way that I can either edit my shortcut... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script invoked from a keyboard shortcut

-EDIT- I have solved my problem below by using a different program. Instead of xsel I am using xclip which basically does the same thing and works fine from a script invoked by a global hotkey. -END EDIT- Hi, I've written a simple script to copy my email address into both the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
0 Replies
qrun(8B)								PBS								  qrun(8B)

NAME
qrun - run a pbs batch job SYNOPSIS
qrun [-a] [-H host] job_identifier ... DESCRIPTION
The qrun command is used to force a batch server to initiate the execution of a batch job. The job is run regardless of scheduling posi- tion, resource requirements, or state. In order to execute qrun, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPTIONS
-a Specifies the job(s) is to be run asynchronously. -H host Specifies the host within the cluster on which the job(s) are to be run. The host argument is the name of a host that is a member of the cluster of hosts managed by the server. If the option is not specified, the server will select the "worst possible" host on which to execute the job. OPERANDS
The qrun command accepts one or more job_identifier operands of the form: sequence_number[.server_name][@server] STANDARD ERROR
The qrun command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qrun command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qrun command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), pbs_sched(8B), qmgr(1B) Local qrun(8B)