Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Masking algorithm
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Masking algorithm Post 302951108 by n78298 on Sunday 2nd of August 2015 01:39:08 PM
Old 08-02-2015
Code snippets working

Thanks RudiC and Don.

The codes are working beautifully and are doing the intended translations.

My next challenge is the performance as these codes many need to run on files with 10M records. However I had a test run with 1M records and it completed in less than 8 minutes.

I will further post if I get any further challenge in this. Need to build a complete solution across files ( with multiple translation fields).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP Masking

Is it possible for a internal LAN to mask a IP e.g. i have a server ip running the intranet ip being 192.168.0.8 and i want to make that like www.intranet.com is this possible on a internal network ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking Content of a String

Hello, I need to know that whether a content of a string can be hidden or masked inside a shell script. My Sample Code is given below <Code> #!/usr/bin/ksh Userid=test DB=temp Passwd=`java Decryption test` # The Above command will get the encryped password for "test" user id and store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Masking

I have a pipe delimited file that I need to 'mask' to before loading to keep some data confidential. I need to maintain the first 4 bytes of certain columns and replace the remaining bytes with an 'x'. I would like to maintain spaces but it's not a requirement. Example, need to mask columns 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1superdork
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting site using .htaccess with masking

I am trying to redirect my site to another with masking using .htaccess. I have the redirect working, but it does not mask. Here is what I have in my .htaccess: RewriteEngine On rewritecond %{http_host} ^http://www.securepaynet.net/default.aspx?ci=1767&prog_id=globalnerds RewriteRule /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: globalnerds
0 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Masking of number

BAT:0310:2009-08-0:Y4 :H:D:00003721:03103721.IFH:00138770:05767:00000000001279' EXR:CLP:912.570000' STA:A:9071559:2009-08-10::Wer::Mrs' DEF::531.97:531.97:310221661617::+ABC:BAL:1:N::::5:40.00:0.00:2009-08-10:CN:1111111111109962::3:N:missc :N:PH:00010833:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

masking issue

Hi I am facing an issue with the below script which has the below line each field being separated with a tab. I need to mask the 8 and 7th field based on following conditions 1. 8th field is 16 in length and is numerics i will mask the middle 6 digits except the first 6 and last 4. input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.htaccess redirect with masking

I am looking to forward the following with masking via my .htaccess file: www.mywebsite.com/origpage www.mywebsite.com/newpage I do not want to forward the entire site, just this one page with masking. Neither page has an extension. I am able to forward with .htaccess - but it does not mask the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: globalnerds
1 Replies

8. Programming

Masking Password with *'s

So I've been working on this for some time now and can't seem to find the solution that works for me. I'm working in C/Unix. Basically, I want to take a user input and output something different. For example, I want to take a password and output *'s. In another instance, I want to take inputed... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigdrock44
35 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Masking data

How Can I mask one particular columns using some unix command? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsa
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking with gsub command

My file "test.dat" data as below Requirement is to mask(replace) all english characters with "X" EXCEPT first 7 characters of every line. my command awk '{gsub("]","X")}1' test.dat looks not working properly, Appreciate any suggestion... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
6 Replies
GIT-CLEAN(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-CLEAN(1)

NAME
git-clean - Remove untracked files from the working tree SYNOPSIS
git clean [-d] [-f] [-n] [-q] [-e <pattern>] [-x | -X] [--] <path>... DESCRIPTION
Cleans the working tree by recursively removing files that are not under version control, starting from the current directory. Normally, only files unknown to git are removed, but if the -x option is specified, ignored files are also removed. This can, for example, be useful to remove all build products. If any optional <path>... arguments are given, only those paths are affected. OPTIONS
-d Remove untracked directories in addition to untracked files. If an untracked directory is managed by a different git repository, it is not removed by default. Use -f option twice if you really want to remove such a directory. -f, --force If the git configuration variable clean.requireForce is not set to false, git clean will refuse to run unless given -f or -n. -n, --dry-run Don't actually remove anything, just show what would be done. -q, --quiet Be quiet, only report errors, but not the files that are successfully removed. -e <pattern>, --exclude=<pattern> In addition to those found in .gitignore (per directory) and $GIT_DIR/info/exclude, also consider these patterns to be in the set of the ignore rules in effect. -x Don't use the standard ignore rules read from .gitignore (per directory) and $GIT_DIR/info/exclude, but do still use the ignore rules given with -e options. This allows removing all untracked files, including build products. This can be used (possibly in conjunction with git reset) to create a pristine working directory to test a clean build. -X Remove only files ignored by git. This may be useful to rebuild everything from scratch, but keep manually created files. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-CLEAN(1)