Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Method to run a shell script using shortcut key in keyboard with out logging to putty Post 302951021 by Chi_SL on Friday 31st of July 2015 11:03:00 AM
Old 07-31-2015
Method to run a shell script using shortcut key in keyboard with out logging to putty

Dear All,

I want to run a shell script with out logging to putty but configuring it to a keyboard short cut it windows PC. Can this be done? I want this to rename a log in a specified folder in a system

Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All Shortcut key combinations

Hi, I am using the Korn-Shell (ksh) and would like to know all the shortcut keys. For example: Shift + Insert etc. Thank you very much. Take care (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: --crimson--
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting terminal with shortcut key combination

How can the shortcut keys be defined that would open up a terminal window? When using a kvm switch, the mouse sometimes does not work, but the keyboard does, and by opening up a terminal window using a shortcut key combination, the mouse can be restarted by entering the predefined mouserestart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wanting to run a macro/script from PuTTY

We currently use TUN as an emulation program to connect to various unix applications. I am looking at moving to PuTTY release 0.60 but am getting stuck as one application runs a macro at startup to run a program. My question is, can you run a macro from PuTTY? Any pointers would be great. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtualpaul
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Copy entire line in bash (terminal) - keyboard shortcut

how can I do that? I can paste a line with ctrl+p; but I dont know how to copy it? ctrl+y - just deletes etc. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putty shortcut and ssh to another server question, possible in bash?

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but I couldnt spot another obvious forum for it. I have a windows shortcut which opens up a saved session in putty. From this session I then ssh to another remote server. I was wondering is there a way that I can either edit my shortcut... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script invoked from a keyboard shortcut

-EDIT- I have solved my problem below by using a different program. Instead of xsel I am using xclip which basically does the same thing and works fine from a script invoked by a global hotkey. -END EDIT- Hi, I've written a simple script to copy my email address into both the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
0 Replies
Device::Modem::Log::File(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Device::Modem::Log::File(3pm)

NAME
Device::Modem::Log::File - Text files logging plugin for Device::Modem class SYNOPSIS
use Device::Modem; my $box = Device::Modem->new( log => 'file', ... ); my $box = Device::Modem->new( log => 'file,name=/var/log/mymodem.log', ... ); ... DESCRIPTION
This is meant for an example log class to be hooked to "Device::Modem" to provide one's favourite logging mechanism. You just have to implement your own "new()", "write()" and "close()" methods. Default text file is "/var/log/modem.log". On Windows platforms, this goes into "%WINBOOTDIR%/temp/modem.log". By default, if the folder of the log file does not exist, it is created. This class is loaded automatically by "Device::Modem" class when an object is instantiated, and it is the default logging mechanism for "Device::Modem" class. Normally, you should not need to use this class directly, because there are many other zillions of modules that do logging better than this. Also, it should be pondered whether to replace "Device::Modem::Log::File" and mates with those better classes in a somewhat distant future. REQUIRES Device::Modem EXPORTS None AUTHOR
Cosimo Streppone, cosimo@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
(C) 2002 Cosimo Streppone, <cosimo@cpan.org> This library is free software; you can only redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Device::Modem Device::Modem::Log::Syslog perl v5.8.8 2005-04-30 Device::Modem::Log::File(3pm)