Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming CGI script is returning raw text instead of getting processes Post 302950989 by golden83 on Friday 31st of July 2015 12:00:27 AM
Old 07-31-2015
RedHat CGI script is returning raw text instead of getting processes

I am not a CGI/Unix expert. I was installing Cognos and as part of it we have the gateway which uses the cgi-bin
The application was working fine untill the server is recreated with taking backup from the old server. so for testing I created a sample cgi file as test.cgi created at \opt\unica\cognos\chi-bin\ location.

I am calling the cgi file as

Code:
servername/ibmcognos/cgi-bin/test.cgi

And the result instead of being a html output is actually coming as the content of the test.cgi (email attached if not coming below)

here is the configuration of httpd.conf file
Code:
ScriptAlias /ibmcognos/cgi-bin "/opt/unica/cognos/cgi-bin"
<Directory "/opt/unica/cognos/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

CGI script is returning raw text instead of getting processes-cgi_errorpng

Last edited by Don Cragun; 07-31-2015 at 02:13 AM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Raw text to IP Printer

We were printing to a serial laser printer with all the HP codes to generate a form (i.e. lines, boxes, etc.) We are switching to an IP printer and we can no longer print to the device (i.e. cp text /dev/tty11). It looks like we have to use the lp spooler now. When we do this the codes are ignored... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffbugfree
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Returning text after find

Hey guys, I'm sure someone will have asked this before but I searched for ages and couldn't find a post. Anyhow, I have a datafile and I want to search for "UserID : " in it and then return the characters following this until it hits a pipe. e.g. Running the comand against the following... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
7 Replies

4. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

6. Web Development

How to get input text boxes populated / perl cgi?

Hi, I know how to populate a combo box or a drop down list box which I do as under : Query that gets the data for the drop down box : $qry = "select \"EmployeeID\" AS empid, \"FirstName\"::text || ' ' ||\"LastName\"::text as name from \"Employees\""; $qq =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrykhatri531
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding pattern in a text file and returning a part of the word

Dear All, assume that we have a text file or a folder of files, I want to find this pattern followers*.csv in the text file , and get * as the output. There are different matches and * means every character. Thank you in advance. Best, David (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidfreed
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-aligned text file into one raw

Hi, Anyone can help on how to re-aligned the data into one raw; Input Text File: TESTA Carbon A China 06/28/2016 Active Vol. 8210, No. 2048, New Era 02/25/2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies
Plack::Handler::CGI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Plack::Handler::CGI(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Handler::CGI - CGI handler for Plack SYNOPSIS
Want to run PSGI application as a CGI script? Rename .psgi to .cgi and change the shebang line like: #!/usr/bin/env plackup # rest of the file can be the same as other .psgi file You can alternatively create a .cgi file that contains something like: #!/usr/bin/perl use Plack::Loader; my $app = Plack::Util::load_psgi("/path/to/app.psgi"); Plack::Loader->auto->run($app); This will auto-recognize the CGI environment variable to load this class. If you really want to explicitly load the CGI handler, you can. For instance you might do this when you want to embed a PSGI application server built into CGI-compatible perl-based web server: use Plack::Handler::CGI; Plack::Handler::CGI->new->run($app); DESCRIPTION
This is a handler module to run any PSGI application as a CGI script. UTILITY METHODS
setup_env() my $env = Plack::Handler::CGI->setup_env(); my $env = Plack::Handler::CGI->setup_env(\%override_env); Sets up the PSGI environment hash for a CGI request from %ENV> and returns it. You can can provide a hashref of key/value pairs to override the defaults if you would like. SEE ALSO
Plack perl v5.14.2 2011-06-22 Plack::Handler::CGI(3pm)