Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk function
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk function Post 302950825 by RudiC on Wednesday 29th of July 2015 05:22:56 AM
Old 07-29-2015
I'm not sure sqlplus has an if command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with function ?? please, help :(

Here is my test.in file Case Modify 10001 20002 30003 40004|Report Create 3417176211|Case Modify 10002 20002 30003 40004| Script: Remove.ksh This script to remove $1 which I type in: $ cat test.in Case Modify 10001 20002 30003 40004|Report Create 3417176211|Case Modify 10002 20002 30003... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with the function awk

Hi I am trying to create a modify a txt file via a sh script and I'm not sure how to do it. I have this: data1a#data2a#data3aµ data1b#data2b#data3bµ data1c#data2c#data3cµ and I want to have this (more or less) data1a data2a data3a data1b data2b data3b data1c data2c data3c I know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Morgwen
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

external function in awk

Hi all, I have a basic doubt. Is there any way to use external functions (i.e. functions not defined in AWK), in AWK. I have a shell script in which I'm using a AWK snippet. In this snippet I'm calling a function defined in the shell script. But the AWK snippet is not working. I figured that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

MODE function in awk

Hello, Can someone pls help me with some statistical calculation in awk In excel there is a statistical function called "Mode". How Mode works: MODE returns the most frequently occurring, or repetitive, value in array or range. Eg if we have 5 numbers in 5 different columns... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Function syntax

Hi, I would like to know what is the correct syntax to perform a function in awk. Although I have seen several examples, not get it to work, this is what I'm trying: #!/bin/bash awk function multi (number) { return number * 3 } print multi (4)Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Godie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-using group function

Hi, I have file with below format and sample data - File is pipe delimited Col1|col2|Account|Bal1|Bal2 1|2|1|10|5 1|2|2|10|2 1|3|3|10|3 I want output as SUM|1|2|2|20|7 SUM|1|3|1|10|3 Can anyone give me awk command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanranad
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk function

Hi all, I need to have informations in a URL : https://www.autolib.eu/stations/ Valors I need are in bold: {"charging_status": "nonexistent", "rental_status": "future", "subscription_status": "nonexistent", "station_id": 791, "address": "10 rue de Rome, 93110 Rosny-sous-Bois", "lat":... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roulitto
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

System function in awk

Hello Friends, I have written a script like below, I aimed to move some CDR files (call data record) whose the last field is "1" (NF=1 ) from a spesific directory to a new directory Field Seperator is pipe. If the directory does not exitst i should create it. I will give the script two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
setpgrp(1)							   User Commands							setpgrp(1)

NAME
setpgrp - set process group ID SYNOPSIS
setpgrp command [arg...] DESCRIPTION
If the current process is not already a session leader, the setpgrp utility sets the process group ID and session ID to the current process ID and does an exec() of command and its argument(s), if any. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: command The name of a command to be invoked. arg An option or argument to command. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 1 Error executing the setpgrp utility or during exec() of command. Otherwise, the exit status will be that of command. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), setpgrp(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jan 2000 setpgrp(1)