Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to print color text in AIX? Post 302950773 by NehaJi on Tuesday 28th of July 2015 03:05:04 PM
Old 07-28-2015
Thank you. It is still showing me the file and directory names in black and white colour.
I have no clue how to change the names. May be someone has.

Br,
Neha

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Configuring Color Laser ptr in AIX

Hi All, I have Network color laser printer which is to be configured in AIX5L. The Model of the printer is OKI C3200. Will it is supported with AIX 5..? I could not find any drivers for this. Will any compatible drivers are available for this printer... I tried with the default drivers hplj-4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helloajith
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print in color

I have a short code below: awk 'NR==1 {printf "'$information'-MYDATA-'$information' \n"} {print $0}' data.file > newdata.file I want the "information" color in RED and MYDATA in BLUE. How can I do it? Please help!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

3. AIX

ls color on AIX

Hi, I have retrieved the following rpm coreutils-5.2.1-2.aix5.1.ppc.rpm to get color with ls command. It doesnt work very well with | more. ls -ltr | more ^[[0mtotal 8 -rwxr--r-- 1 ora10 dba 4362 2009-01-08 11:08 ^[[01;32mora_base.ksh^[[0m ^[[m It works fine with pg ls -ltr | pg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tagger
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

text color

Hi all I have a file contains columns showing figures as below : Input file A B C D 50 60 90 E 100 20 53 F 30 40 70 G 25 27 45 I want to color the value above or equal 90 by red and to be shown as below output file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

New Background and Text Color

Hi. How do I change the background color and text in Fedora. I did find the set_color -b command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
1 Replies

6. Programming

changing text color in c

I'm writing my own Unix ls command in c and I was wondering if anyone knows how to or can point me to a tutorial that shows me how to change the text color of the filename depending on if it's a directory, regular file, linked file, etc..., like the real ls command does? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

color print using perl

Hi i want to print the text in different color using perl script. i am able to print on console(terminal). but if i try to print the same into a file, i am not able to do color.pl #!/bin/usr/perl use Term::ANSIColor; print "This text is normal.\n"; use Term::ANSIColor qw(:constants);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
3 Replies
libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)				      libcaca				      libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)

NAME
libcaca attribute definitions - Enumerations enum caca_color { CACA_BLACK = 0x00, CACA_BLUE = 0x01, CACA_GREEN = 0x02, CACA_CYAN = 0x03, CACA_RED = 0x04, CACA_MAGENTA = 0x05, CACA_BROWN = 0x06, CACA_LIGHTGRAY = 0x07, CACA_DARKGRAY = 0x08, CACA_LIGHTBLUE = 0x09, CACA_LIGHTGREEN = 0x0a, CACA_LIGHTCYAN = 0x0b, CACA_LIGHTRED = 0x0c, CACA_LIGHTMAGENTA = 0x0d, CACA_YELLOW = 0x0e, CACA_WHITE = 0x0f, CACA_DEFAULT = 0x10, CACA_TRANSPARENT = 0x20 } enum caca_style { CACA_BOLD = 0x01, CACA_ITALICS = 0x02, CACA_UNDERLINE = 0x04, CACA_BLINK = 0x08 } Detailed Description Colours and styles that can be used with caca_set_attr(). Enumeration Type Documentation enum caca_color libcaca colour keyword Enumerator: CACA_BLACK The colour index for black. CACA_BLUE The colour index for blue. CACA_GREEN The colour index for green. CACA_CYAN The colour index for cyan. CACA_RED The colour index for red. CACA_MAGENTA The colour index for magenta. CACA_BROWN The colour index for brown. CACA_LIGHTGRAY The colour index for light gray. CACA_DARKGRAY The colour index for dark gray. CACA_LIGHTBLUE The colour index for blue. CACA_LIGHTGREEN The colour index for light green. CACA_LIGHTCYAN The colour index for light cyan. CACA_LIGHTRED The colour index for light red. CACA_LIGHTMAGENTA The colour index for light magenta. CACA_YELLOW The colour index for yellow. CACA_WHITE The colour index for white. CACA_DEFAULT The output driver's default colour. CACA_TRANSPARENT The transparent colour. enum caca_style libcaca style keyword Enumerator: CACA_BOLD The style mask for bold. CACA_ITALICS The style mask for italics. CACA_UNDERLINE The style mask for underline. CACA_BLINK The style mask for blink. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libcaca from the source code. Version 0.99.beta18 Fri Apr 6 2012 libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)