Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup files recusive
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Backup files recusive Post 302950739 by prpkrk on Tuesday 28th of July 2015 10:37:32 AM
Old 07-28-2015
i use 7z due to high compress range that it had, i have study all solutions available and this is the best one,
i had try few solutions , but problems i encounter is , compress archives by month in local directory where they are, that is the tricky part for me .....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup my files to DAT

hi guys, im using tru64 unix and i want to put my files on tapes. i have already a hp DAT storage, do you have any admin guides for backup/restore procedures for these? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jefferson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recusive Directory Permissions with Spaces

Ok, I think it would be wise to begin with the scenario. I've got a server that has a template directory structure containing 7 folders. Some folders will need permissions set one way, and other set another way. That's the easy part using: chmod -R 755 * ;This used first to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junk_box9
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup The Files In Unix

hi punters, i have a small requirement,i would need to code some script in AIX. please join me on yahoo anytime hrsuprith@yahoo.co.in hrsuprith@gmail.com (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suprithhr
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Backup Files Failed

I am having difficulty in doing ontape -s -L 0. At first it was giving a message Archive failed - function to write to tape failed code -l errno 5. After about 24 hours it says "could not write archive tape. What do I do? Can anyone please advise on what the problem is and what I can do? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gillonye
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup files

Greetings. I've got a little bit of problem with writing a script. I'd like to write a script that creates backup files (of your computer) once a week, and on the other days of the week it just updates it. Thanks in advance i hope you can help: buddhist p.s.: this would help a lot, because... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buddhist
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to backup files.

Hi guys , I m writing a script which will backup a particular folder and its content to a different location. this script needs to be run every weekend. But my problem is how would i apply logic such that the previous backup folder is only deleted if and only if the current backup is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Files

Hi, Using the shell script, how can I backup the files. /etc/password, /etc/group , /etc/shadow and more and needs a backup like /etc/password.12Mar12.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to backup a directory (sub-directories/files) files from one server on to other ?

Hello, Server A: /directory1/ Server B: /Backups/ i wanted to backup contents of /directory1 from "server A" on to "Server B" every 1 hour. If there is any change in (only new/differences) contents on serverA (directory1/) supposed to be backeup on next run. I did used rsync command to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup files cleanup

Hello, I've been able to keep a certain number of backup files with the find -mtime command, but is there a way to add the last 4 Sunday's or any other day? I checked the man page and forums, but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramsez
8 Replies
TRACEANON(1)							   User Commands						      TRACEANON(1)

NAME
traceanon - anonymise ip addresses of traces SYNOPSIS
traceanon [ -s | --encrypt-source ] [ -d | --encrypt-dest ] [ -p prefix | --prefix=prefix ] [ -c key | --cryptopan=key ] [ -f key-file | --keyfile=file ] [ -z level | --compress-level=level ] [ -Z method | --compress-type=method ] sourceuri desturi DESCRPTION
traceanon anonymises a trace by replacing IP addresses found in the IP header, and any embedded packets inside an ICMP packet. It also fixes the checksums inside TCP and UDP headers. Two anonymisation schemes are supported, the first replaces a prefix with another prefix. This can be used for instance to replace a /16 with the equivilent prefix from RFC1918. The other scheme is cryptopan which is a prefix preserving encryption scheme based on AES. -s --encrypt-source encrypt only source ip addresses. -d --encrypt-dest encrypt only destination ip addresses. -p --prefix=prefix substitute the high bits of the IP addresses with the provided prefix. -c --cryptopan=key encrypt the IP addresses using the prefix-preserving cryptopan method using the key "key". The key can be up to 32 bytes long, and will be padded with NULL characters. -f --keyfile=file encrypt the IP addresses using the prefix-preserving cryptopan method using the key specified in the file "file". The key must be 32 bytes long. A suitable method of generating a key is by using the command dd to read from /dev/urandom. -z --compress-level=level compress the output trace using a compression level of "level". Compression level can range from 0 (no compression) through to 9. Higher compression levels require more CPU to compress data. Defaults to no compression. -Z --compress-type=method compress the output trace using the compression algorithm "method". Possible algorithms are "gzip", "bzip2", "lzo" and "none". Default is "none". EXAMPLES
traceanon --cryptopan="fish go moo, oh yes they do" --encrypt-source --encrypt-dest --compress-level=1 --compress-type=gzip erf:/traces/unenc.gz erf:/traces/enc.gz BUGS
This software should support encrypting based on the direction/interface flag. IP addresses inside ARP's are not encrypted. LINKS
More details about traceanon (and libtrace) can be found at http://www.wand.net.nz/trac/libtrace/wiki/UserDocumentation SEE ALSO
libtrace(3), tracemerge(1), tracefilter(1), traceconvert(1), tracestats(1), tracesummary(1), tracertstats(1), tracesplit(1), traces- plit_dir(1), tracereport(1), tracepktdump(1), tracediff(1), tracereplay(1), traceends(1), tracetopends(1) AUTHORS
Perry Lorier <perry@cs.waikato.ac.nz> traceanon (libtrace) October 2005 TRACEANON(1)