Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to put vscsi in available state? Post 302950727 by Adnans2k on Tuesday 28th of July 2015 09:25:22 AM
Old 07-28-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent.kgb
What happens if you execute mkdev -l vscsi1?

Do I have to make vscsi1? it looks as if its already made. no?

also should I try these commands in LPAR or vio servers?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TIME_WAIT state

in TCP, is TIME_WAIT state really essential..!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanth
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Zone in down state.

One of my zone is stuck in down state, not able to boot it or halt it .. not even detach .. is there any way to recover without rebooting the whole system ( global zone ) ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. AIX

Migrating hdisks from vscsi to NPIV with powerpath

Hi All, I'm preparing to migrate some servers from vscsi to pass-thru NPIV. I am planning to have the SAN team move the exact LUNs from vio1/vio2 to those two VWWN through NPIV. My question is on the partition itself.. right now, let's say I have hdisk0/1/2/3/4 that are part of datavg. They... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapfrank
2 Replies

4. AIX

Vscsi and npiv on same adapter

Hi, I want to change from vscsi to npiv. Is it possible to use both on the same adapter, so we can change the systems one by one, or must we place a second FC adapter in the VIO servers? Thanks, Ronald (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldm60
2 Replies

5. AIX

hdisk mapping to a vSCSi Adapter

Hello, I have a VIOS System and would like to do mapping some hdisks, hdisk160 until hdisk165 to a vSCSi Adapter. I try to do this in the oem_setup_env like the following: for i in $(lspv | grep hdisk* | awk {'print $1'}; do mkdev -V $i -p vhost20 done There where a mapping with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: torsten163
4 Replies

6. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

7. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. AIX

Devices.vscsi.disk ?

Hello, When I assigned CDROM from IVM (VIOS) to LPAR and then running cfgmgr i get the following message on the client lpar #cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.vscsi.disk searching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies
LSDEV(8)                                                        Linux System Manual                                                       LSDEV(8)

NAME
lsdev - display information about installed hardware SYNOPSIS
lsdev DESCRIPTION
lsdev gathers information about your computer's installed hardware from the interrupts, ioports and dma files in the /proc directory, thus giving you a quick overview of which hardware uses what I/O addresses and what IRQ and DMA channels. OPTIONS
None. FILES
/proc/interrupts IRQ channels. /proc/ioports I/O memory addresses. /proc/dma DMA channels. BUGS
lsdev can't always figure out which lines in the three examined files refer to one and the same device, because these files sometimes use different names for the same piece of hardware. For example, in some kernels the keyboard is referred to as `kbd' in /proc/ioports and as `keyboard' in /proc/interrupts. This should be fixed in the kernel, not in lsdev (as has indeed happened for this particular example). The program does however try to match lines by stripping anything after a space or open parenthesis from the name, so that e.g. the `serial' lines from /proc/interrupts match the `serial(set)' lines from /proc/ioports. This attempt at DWIM might be considered a bug in itself. This program only shows the kernel's idea of what hardware is present, not what's actually physically available. SEE ALSO
procinfo(8). AUTHOR
Sander van Malssen <svm@kozmix.cistron.nl> 3rd Release 1998-05-31 LSDEV(8)