Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup files recusive
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Backup files recusive Post 302950687 by RudiC on Tuesday 28th of July 2015 03:51:21 AM
Old 07-28-2015
Do you just want to compress, or would e.g. tar (or another archiver) come in handy?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup my files to DAT

hi guys, im using tru64 unix and i want to put my files on tapes. i have already a hp DAT storage, do you have any admin guides for backup/restore procedures for these? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jefferson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recusive Directory Permissions with Spaces

Ok, I think it would be wise to begin with the scenario. I've got a server that has a template directory structure containing 7 folders. Some folders will need permissions set one way, and other set another way. That's the easy part using: chmod -R 755 * ;This used first to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junk_box9
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup The Files In Unix

hi punters, i have a small requirement,i would need to code some script in AIX. please join me on yahoo anytime hrsuprith@yahoo.co.in hrsuprith@gmail.com (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suprithhr
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Backup Files Failed

I am having difficulty in doing ontape -s -L 0. At first it was giving a message Archive failed - function to write to tape failed code -l errno 5. After about 24 hours it says "could not write archive tape. What do I do? Can anyone please advise on what the problem is and what I can do? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gillonye
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup files

Greetings. I've got a little bit of problem with writing a script. I'd like to write a script that creates backup files (of your computer) once a week, and on the other days of the week it just updates it. Thanks in advance i hope you can help: buddhist p.s.: this would help a lot, because... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buddhist
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to backup files.

Hi guys , I m writing a script which will backup a particular folder and its content to a different location. this script needs to be run every weekend. But my problem is how would i apply logic such that the previous backup folder is only deleted if and only if the current backup is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Files

Hi, Using the shell script, how can I backup the files. /etc/password, /etc/group , /etc/shadow and more and needs a backup like /etc/password.12Mar12.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to backup a directory (sub-directories/files) files from one server on to other ?

Hello, Server A: /directory1/ Server B: /Backups/ i wanted to backup contents of /directory1 from "server A" on to "Server B" every 1 hour. If there is any change in (only new/differences) contents on serverA (directory1/) supposed to be backeup on next run. I did used rsync command to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup files cleanup

Hello, I've been able to keep a certain number of backup files with the find -mtime command, but is there a way to add the last 4 Sunday's or any other day? I checked the man page and forums, but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramsez
8 Replies
NEW(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)