Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX joins : facing issue while joining three files Post 302950619 by rahul2662 on Monday 27th of July 2015 07:27:40 AM
Old 07-27-2015
UNIX joins : facing issue while joining three files

Hello ,

I have three files :

sampleoutput1.txt has columns (in the following order) :
Code:
hostname ; available patches , available packages

sampleoutput2.txt has columns (in the following order) :
Code:
hostname ; patchwave ; BSID ; Application

sampleoutput3.txt has columns (in the following order) :
Code:
boottime ; hostname

I am trying to join three files on the column hostname from the three files.
I want the output records as follows :

Code:
hostname;available patches;available packages;boot time;patchwave;BSID;Application

Below is the script. Here I am first trying to join the files : sampleoutput1.txt and sampleoutput3.txt. Then I am trying to join the resultant with sampleoutput2.txt

Code:
#!/bin/bash
awk -F";" 'FNR==NR{A[$2]=$1;next} {print $0 OFS A[$1] OFS}' OFS=";" sampleoutput3.txt sampleoutput1.txt > sampleoutput1-3.txt
awk -F";" 'FNR==NR{B[$1]=$1;next} {print $0 OFS B[$2] OFS B[$3] OFS B[$4]}' OFS=";" sampleoutput2.txt sampleoutput1-3.txt > sampleoutput1-2-3.txt
echo "Output is placed in file : sampleoutput1-2-3.txt"

The file sampleoutput1-3.txt is giving correct output but file : sampleoutput1-2-3.txt is not giving correct output.

Please help.

Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 07-27-2015 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Changed code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Facing an issue related to cronjob

Dear All, I am facing an issue related to cronjob and explained below is the case study: 1. I have a java class named "DmCheckRenditionQueue.java" and placed under "/cpc/documentum/product/5.2.5/tomcat/webapps/rendition" 2. When I am using the command "/usr/openv/java/jre/bin/java -cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parindam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue in Solaris OS in crontab for running shell script

Hello i have a shell script. it is running fine when i manually run at command prompt using following command ./script_file but while running shell script from crontab, it is giving error in each line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabrar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue while using xsltproc tp parse XML in bash

I have written a bash script which opens a folder, reads all the *.xml files in it, and pulls the required data that i need from XML tags. I am using xsltproc (my xsl name) (my xml folder location/*.xml) and running this in a for each loop The problem is that some XML files are having special... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar.g
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Joining lines from two files

Hi, I have two text files, that need their data joining/concatenation. 'Paste' works for this. But have an issue when there is mismatch in number of rows in each file. E.g. (main file) File1 - has 20 rows File2 - has 30 rows. Command 'paste file1 file2 > file3' joins all lines. I want the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharath160
4 Replies

5. Programming

SQL Developer JOINS / GROUP BY issue.

Am having a nightmare with a certain piece of code.. have tried almost everything and just cannot see what the issue is.. CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW TOP_EARNER_PER_LOCATION AS SELECT E.FIRST_NAME || ' ' || E.LAST_NAME AS EMPLOYEE_NAME, L.REGIONAL_GROUP AS REGIONAL_GROUP, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing Issue after configuring logrotate

Hi, I have a logrotate configuration which rotates a log every night 1 min before midnight, but somehow its not working and unfortunately not showing any error message as well. Sharing the code for the cron job as well as the conf file, I am using, if some one coule help me..whats wrong with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neeryan
2 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Facing Issue in Nagios 3.3

Hi, I have installed Nagios on Redhat Linux, I have installed Nagios+Plugins+NRPE on Server A (Host Server) and Nagios Plugins + nrpe on remote linux server (red hat linux) run the command on remote linux host, it returns nrpe version usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H localhost ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Facing issue while installing weblogic on Solaris 11

Hi, i am facing issue while installing weblogic on solaris..its giving me invalid argument error. solaris is intstalled on my VM. uname -a SunOS Vishal 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc screenshot attached. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal Baghla
5 Replies

9. SuSE

Facing issue configuring network

Please let me know how to configure network in suse Linux, I have configured the network using ifup and network manager, it is not giving any error but not working, using suse Linux 11.0 sp3 I have checked network connectivity is working. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with awk when joining two files when field has '-' hyphen

Dear Community; I need to join two files but I am facing issues. 1st file has multiple columns. Primary (1st) columns has unique values. There are other columns out of which some has non-ascii characters as well (other language). Example File below: 1-1001JRL,BiRecurring... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
5 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)