Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reverse complement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reverse complement Post 302950517 by RudiC on Sunday 26th of July 2015 02:39:29 AM
Old 07-26-2015
sed approach (not necessarily easier to explain...):
Code:
sed '/>/n; y/ATCG/TAGC/;s/^.*$/X&X/;:x;s/\(X.\)\(.*\)\(.X\)/\3\2\1/;tx;s/X//g' file
>GHL8OVD01CMQVT SHORT1
ACATCAA
>GHL8OVD01CMQVT SHORT2
ACATCAA

or, if you have GNU sed with its extensions:
Code:
sed '/>/n; y/ATCG/TAGC/;s/^/echo /;s/$/ | rev/;e' file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse *

when I do $ ls z* List of all files begining with 'z'. But what if I want to do a reverse lookup. Just for interest sake ;) $ ls ztr should be same as $ ls ztr* $ ls zt* $ ls z* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse of basename

Hi, Can someone let me know how to find the reverse of the basename i.e i have /apps/tiv/pmon/xxxx.dat and I want /apps/tiv/pmon/ Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse FTP

Hi Everybody, I want to write a script in unix which will automatically FTP a .txt file from my client machine D: drive(Windows) That is I want to FTP a file from my PC to UNIX box but this should be done from UNIX box by a shell script. (i.e. I will invoke the script in UNIX and FTP will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse sort

Hello, How do i sort a csv file. i should be sorting column1(varchar),column2*(varchar) in ascending and column4 in descending order(numeric datatype). I tried few combinations of sort, but doesn't seem to be getting the right result. sort -t "," -k 1 -k 2 -k 4nr file any help is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjason
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse an integer

i have created a script that will reverse any given ineter. #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the number" read n if then a=`expr $n / 10` b=`expr $n % 10` c=`expr $b \* 10 + $a` fi echo $c --------------------------------------------------------------------- the problem with this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reverse file

i am using AIX -ksh how can i reverse any file ,i have already try tac cmd it is not in AIX: please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two complement to double conversion

Is there a reuse code somewhere for conversion of two complement to a 64-bit double? Any pointer is greatly appreciated! GG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NAVTime
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse matching

Hello guys How can I use egrep to match word1 but not word2...word1. What I mean suppose that I have the following text, and my word1=pizza and word2=eat I hate to eat pizza because I ma eating it each day Pizza is good I like vegetarian and Italian Pizza eating healthy food is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdc2suxs
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse of a string

Hi All, I have a String str="Manish". I would like to reverse it. I know the option to do this in bash is: echo "Manish" | rev but I have seen an alternate solution somewhere, which states that: str="Manish" echo $str | awk '{ for(i=length($0);i>=1;i--) printf("%s",substr($0,i,1));... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies
STRCSPN(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						STRCSPN(3)

NAME
strcspn -- span the complement of a string LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <string.h> size_t strcspn(const char *s1, const char *s2); DESCRIPTION
The strcspn() function spans the initial part of the null-terminated string s1, as long as the characters from s1 do not occur in string s2 (it spans the complement of s2). In other words, it computes the string array index in s1 of the first character of s1 which is also in s2, else the index of the first null character. RETURN VALUES
The strcspn() function returns the number of characters spanned. SEE ALSO
memchr(3), strchr(3), strpbrk(3), strrchr(3), strsep(3), strspn(3), strstr(3), strtok(3) STANDARDS
The strcspn() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90''). BSD
June 4, 1993 BSD