Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reverse complement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reverse complement Post 302950509 by Don Cragun on Saturday 25th of July 2015 10:55:41 PM
Old 07-25-2015
Can't you apply what you learned from your thread Cut & awk four days ago to this thread? You have exactly the same problem assuming that some elements of a pipeline will only process some of the lines they are fed or that lines thrown away by some element of a pipeline will still magically appear in your output.

You didn't ask any questions about the suggestions you were given there, so we assume that you understand how those suggestions work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse *

when I do $ ls z* List of all files begining with 'z'. But what if I want to do a reverse lookup. Just for interest sake ;) $ ls ztr should be same as $ ls ztr* $ ls zt* $ ls z* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse of basename

Hi, Can someone let me know how to find the reverse of the basename i.e i have /apps/tiv/pmon/xxxx.dat and I want /apps/tiv/pmon/ Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse FTP

Hi Everybody, I want to write a script in unix which will automatically FTP a .txt file from my client machine D: drive(Windows) That is I want to FTP a file from my PC to UNIX box but this should be done from UNIX box by a shell script. (i.e. I will invoke the script in UNIX and FTP will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse sort

Hello, How do i sort a csv file. i should be sorting column1(varchar),column2*(varchar) in ascending and column4 in descending order(numeric datatype). I tried few combinations of sort, but doesn't seem to be getting the right result. sort -t "," -k 1 -k 2 -k 4nr file any help is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjason
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse an integer

i have created a script that will reverse any given ineter. #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the number" read n if then a=`expr $n / 10` b=`expr $n % 10` c=`expr $b \* 10 + $a` fi echo $c --------------------------------------------------------------------- the problem with this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reverse file

i am using AIX -ksh how can i reverse any file ,i have already try tac cmd it is not in AIX: please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two complement to double conversion

Is there a reuse code somewhere for conversion of two complement to a 64-bit double? Any pointer is greatly appreciated! GG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NAVTime
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse matching

Hello guys How can I use egrep to match word1 but not word2...word1. What I mean suppose that I have the following text, and my word1=pizza and word2=eat I hate to eat pizza because I ma eating it each day Pizza is good I like vegetarian and Italian Pizza eating healthy food is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdc2suxs
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse of a string

Hi All, I have a String str="Manish". I would like to reverse it. I know the option to do this in bash is: echo "Manish" | rev but I have seen an alternate solution somewhere, which states that: str="Manish" echo $str | awk '{ for(i=length($0);i>=1;i--) printf("%s",substr($0,i,1));... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies
pid(1T) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   pid(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
pid - Retrieve process identifiers SYNOPSIS
pid ?fileId? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If the fileId argument is given then it should normally refer to a process pipeline created with the open command. In this case the pid command will return a list whose elements are the process identifiers of all the processes in the pipeline, in order. The list will be empty if fileId refers to an open file that isn't a process pipeline. If no fileId argument is given then pid returns the process identi- fier of the current process. All process identifiers are returned as decimal strings. EXAMPLE
Print process information about the processes in a pipeline using the SysV ps program before reading the output of that pipeline: set pipeline [open "| zcat somefile.gz | grep foobar | sort -u"] # Print process information exec ps -fp [pid $pipeline] >@stdout # Print a separator and then the output of the pipeline puts [string repeat - 70] puts [read $pipeline] close $pipeline SEE ALSO
exec(1T), open(1T) KEYWORDS
file, pipeline, process identifier ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.0 pid(1T)