Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How do we check the Linux machine OS? Post 302950473 by drl on Friday 24th of July 2015 11:20:32 PM
Old 07-25-2015
Hi.

Some possibilities:
Code:
Hardware inventory, software inventory, system information
	1) inxi
	   http://code.google.com/p/inxi/

2) platinfo  (needs python)
	   http://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Platinfo

3) screenfetch
	   https://github.com/KittyKatt/screenFetch

4) sysinfo
	   https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/cool_tools/sysinfo/

5) config.guess
	   git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for a file on a remote machine

Hi, Can someone tell me how to check if a file exists on a remote machine using rexec command?I'm using ksh. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheema
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

3. Programming

Check if user logged into remote machine via C++ / Java

Hi, I have a program running on HP-UX and it must checkwhether a user has already logged-in to another machine. The hostname of the other machine is known when the check has to be made. Is there a way which this can be accomplished using C++ or Java? If not I could parse the output of a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmmcparland
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for file existence on remote machine using sftp

Hi all, I am a beginner to shell script.Can any one please help me on the below requirement I need to check whether the file (called 3Com_Files_Delivered.txt) exists on the remote mechaine or not? if so i need to copy all the files from there to my local mechaine.Especially i am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: narasimha123
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file exists on remote machine.

I am haveing one script haveing one issue with this could any one can reply soon it is very urgent. :p if ssh hcp_ftp@$1 'ls '$2/stop.txt' 1>&2 2>/dev/null'; then exit 1; else scp -p hcp_ftp@$1:$2/VAT*.dat $3 <<EOF EOF cd $3 pwd echo 'About to find file' SOURCE_FILE=$(ls -rt VAT*.dat|tail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marpadga18
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root user about the accounts. How can i achieve this in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check number of threads running per processor in Linux machine?

I have a machine which has 32 processor but i am really not sure how many threads are running. It has hyperthreading enabled. Is there a way i can find that all 32 processors are being used and how many threads are there in my linux box. Its a 64 bit processor. I am having very high load average... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moon1234
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control machine and check value

I'm thinking how to control and execute command to control my machine like update them, scenario is creating a cron in machine 1 machine 2 machine 3 which download .txt file from core machine, this txt file contain update function like: kernel=1 yum=0 ssl=1 and store this file in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check everything are migrated after the physical to vmware virtual machine?

I have a physical machine , just use vmware tools migrated data to virtual machine . how can I check these two servers - old and new server , the data are the same , all files are copy to new server ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)					     systemd-machine-id-setup					     SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-setup - Initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-setup may be used by system installer tools to initialize the machine ID stored in /etc/machine-id at install time with a randomly generated ID. See machine-id(5) for more information about this file. This tool will execute no operation if /etc/machine-id is already initialized. If a valid D-Bus machine ID is already configured for the system the D-Bus machine ID is copied and used to initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id. If run inside a KVM virtual machine and a UUID is passed via the -uuid option this UUID is used to initialize the machine ID instead of a randomly generated one. The caller must ensure that the UUID passed is sufficiently unique and is different for every booted instanced of the VM. Similar, if run inside a Linux container environment and a UUID is set for the container this is used to initialize the machine ID. For details see the documentation of the Container Interface[1]. OPTIONS
This tool does not take any options or arguments. EXIT STATUS
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machine-id(5), dbus-uuidgen(1) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer NOTES
1. Container Interface http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface systemd 10/07/2013 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)