Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with Oracle VM on SPARC and LUN Multipathing Post 302950434 by Peasant on Friday 24th of July 2015 12:40:31 PM
Old 07-24-2015
Consider this post in about middle about domains, c/p from my previous post

As for bare metal domains (primary,secondary), let me offer a short explanation of domains as i understand it...
For instance, you have sparc t4-2 with two sockets, two 4 port network cards and two 2 port FC card.

You can create two hardware domains - primary and secondary, in which the actual I/O hardware is splited between those two domains (each has one PCI card and one FC card and one CPU socket and memory ).

Now you have a situation that you have one t4-2 sparc which is actually two machines separated on hardware level. So all LDOMS created on primary domain will use its resources (CPU,PCI - half of them) and ldoms on secondary will use its resources (other half)

Basically, if one socket fails due to hardware failure, only the primary domain and guest ldoms on them will fail, while secondary and guest ldoms on it will continue to run.
Those setups complicate things considerably and are done on machines which have more resources in redundant matter (like 4 cards or 4 sockets, 2 phys cards per domain for redundancy etc.)

For your setup i guess you need (keep it simple - as per scheme in the begining) :

One primary domain (bare metal)
One vsw created on top of the aggr0 interface in primary domain.
One vnet interface added to LDOM from primary-vsw on primary domain.
One VDS (virtual disk service) in primary domain per guest ldom (sneezy-vds@primary, otherguestldom-vds@primary etc.) in which you add disks for ldoms.

This is the entire topic :
Guest LDOMS on same subnet cant ping eachother

Bare in mind that most of the network stuff discussed here is patched, and there are some more additional options (like DLMP).

Hope that clears things out
Regards
Peasant.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Oracle Linux on SPARC

Hi Oracle Linux users, You can probably guess from the title what the question is: Does anyone know if Oracle Linux (the Unbreakable variety I think that is) comes in a SPARC release or, if not, will there be one some time soon ? Many thanks, P;):D:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP in the Service Domain (Oracle VM Sparc)

Hello Using VM server 3.1, I would like to configure a vswitch based on IPMP of 2 physical port so that IPMP is only configured on the primary domain and no more on guest domains. Regarding the documentation (Configuring IPMP in a Logical Domains Environment - Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yguilloux
10 Replies

3. Solaris

External Network Connectivity w/Oracle VM Server for SPARC & Solaris 11

Hello all, thanks for reading my question: So I've been a Unix/Linux SysAdmin for a couple years, and I'm a bit over my head running solo, trying to set up LDoms using Oracle VM Server 3.1 for SPARC. I've been very careful, and things have gone well up until the point I try to access the new... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Oracle VM for SPARC - control/io domain dilemna

Hi all, My internal SAS disks (4 of them) are all sitting on the same controller/pcie device which is now being own by my default primary aka io aka control domain. I have created a vdisk server, that serves slices on these 4 disks to guest domain and everything is working fine. The issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mssprince
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssprince
4 Replies
asadmin-list-domains(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-domains, list-domains - lists the domains in the given domains directory SYNOPSIS
list-domains [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] list-domains lists the domains in the given domains directory. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are located. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domains in the default install_dir/domains directory are listed. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Example 1: Using list-domains asadmin> list-domains List of domains: domain1 running samples not running Where: the domain1 and samples are listed and their status printed. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-domains(1AS)