Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rsync failing
Operating Systems Solaris Rsync failing Post 302950433 by Peasant on Friday 24th of July 2015 12:30:52 PM
Old 07-24-2015
Ok we got that covered i guess.
Just to be sure, this is solaris ?

Also, the rsync command looks strange, can you tell me exactly what are you trying to rsync from where.

Can you try the following and see if you get same error :
Code:
rsync -r -v -u --progress  ftcjbd@vmgdfd01:/ftc/envs/static/includes/vehicles/ /ftc/envs/static/includes/vehicles/

Basic rsync syntax is rsync options source destination
Where source and destination can be remote or local host depending which way you want to rsync.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

dd command failing

I am new to HP-UX. I have an 8GB drive that is my root drive, contained in a Volume Group. I would like to clone that drive to another drive, which is 18.4GB. The other drive is not in a volume group. I am using this simple command:# dd if=/dev/dsk/c0t6d0 of=/dev/dsk/c0t5d0The command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emsecrist
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - rm failing

Hi, Please help me... I am creating a string of filenames with absolute path and deleting those files situated in the remote server using ssh .. but it doesnot work.. Can anyone help me... here is my code for FileName in ${myDire} do Tmp=`basename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
4 Replies

3. Solaris

umount is failing

I am trying to umount a NFS share. When I do the following: # umount syrupg21 umount: /oebs/syrupg21: device is busy device bussy so I like to check what is working on the system.... # fuser -muv /oebs/syrupg21/ # So no locks should be there... any clue? Regards, Johan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suntac
3 Replies

4. AIX

failing drive

I posted some errpt output,see Phone Support, that this forum graciously looked at and confirmed what we suspected, that one of our RAID5 disks is failing. I have a replacement, but am having trouble downing the old disk. If I try and run Remove a Disk from smit, it says the device is busy. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo using at failing.

Hi, I'm hopin' ya can give me an idea or two here. I'm writing a file transfer tracking program. Users login via FTP or https. These users have NO shell access. I'll get to that in a minute. When they upload or download a file, a script is invoked to log the transfer in a database,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display which test in the if/else is failing

So I have a script that monitors my drives (/dev/sda and /dev/sdb) using smartctl (smartmontools). I'm by no means an expert in scripting, so this was my attempt at creating a way to email me if one of the values in smartctl output goes above a set threshold. My question is, I'm trying to edit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bound4h
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef failing sometimes

Hi Everyone, we have a shell script "DLP_recv.sh" that has below command which is supposed to return the number of active instances of itself, which means of there is no other instance then commad would return 1 (for the current instance). The problem is that it sometimes it returns 0 which is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guycool
3 Replies

8. AIX

Backupios Failing

Hi Team, Please help me to resolve the below backup (backupios) issue on my VIO. My VIO is a SAN booted from EMC and powerpath has been installed on this. We already run pprootdev fix and linked the /dev/ipldevice to rootvg hdisk. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nazar_KA
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sorting failing cause not known

Hi All, Below is the message I am getting and the process is failing after the child process. The exit status is 11 and the job it is doing is sorting. Is it the status 11 is because of space unavailability. I am sure about the status 11. Below is the success message I got last on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync - Mirror a repository path via Rsync SYNOPSIS
Use svnnotify in post-commit: svnnotify --repos-path "$1" --revision "$2" --handler Mirror::Rsync --to "/path/to/local/htdocs" [--svn-binary /full/path/to/svn] --rsync-host remote_server [--rsync-delete=[yes|no]] [--rsync-dest "/path/on/remote/server"] [--rsync-args arg1 [--rsync-args arg2...]] [[--rsync-ssh] [--ssh-user remote_user] [--ssh-identity /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa]] or better yet, use SVN::Notify::Config for a more sophisticated setup: #!/usr/bin/perl -MSVN::Notify::Config=$0 --- #YAML:1.0 '': PATH: "/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin" 'path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/www/htdocs" 'some/other/path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/local/www/htdocs" rsync-host: "remote_host" rsync-dest: "/path/on/remote/www/htdocs" ssh-user: "remote_user" ssh-identity: "/home/user/.ssh/id_rsa" DESCRIPTION
Keep a directory in sync with a portion of a Subversion repository. Typically used to keep a development web server in sync with the changes made to the repository. This directory can either be on the same box as the repository itself, or it can be remote (via SSH connection). USAGE
Depending on whether the target is a "Local Mirror" or a Remote Mirror, there are different options available. All options are available either as a commandline option to svnnotify or as a hash key in SVN::Notify::Config (see their respective documentation for more details). Working Copy on Local host Because 'svn export' is not able to be consistently updated, the local rsync'd directory must be a full working copy. The remote server will only contain the ordinary files (no Subversion admin files). The files in the working copy must be writeable (preferrably owned) by the user identity executing the hook script (this is the user identity that is running Apache or svnserve respectively). Local Mirror Please see " SVN::Notify::Mirror " for details. Remote Mirror Used for directories not located on the same machine as the repository itself. Typically, this might be a production web server located in a DMZ, so special consideration must be paid to security concerns. In particular, the remote mirror server may not be able to directly access the repository box. o rsync-host This value is required and must be the hostname or IP address of the remote host (where the mirror directories reside). o rsync-delete The default mode of operation is to delete remote files which are not present in the local working copy. NOTE: this will delete any unversioned files in the remote directory tree. Unless you have all of your files under version control, you should pass the "--no-rsync-delete" or "--rsync-delete no" option. o rsync-dest This optional value specifies the path to update on the remote host. If you do not specify this value, the same path as passed in as the "--to" parameter will be used (this may not be what you meant to do). o rsync-args This optional parameter can be used to pass additional commandline options to the rsync command. You can use this multiple times in order to pass multiple options. The default args are "--archive --compress". See the "rsync-ssh" options for using SSH instead of RSH (rather than pass those commands via "--rsync-args" o rsync-ssh This optional parameter signals that you wish to use SSH instead of whatever the default remote shell program is configured in your copy of rsync. You may need to set one or more of the "ssh-*" parameters as well. o ssh-user If the remote user is different than the local user executing the postcommit script, you can specify it with this parameter. You would often use this in conjunction with the next parameter. o ssh-identity This value may be optional and should be the full path to the local identity file being used to authenticate with the remote host. If you are setting the ssh-user to be something other than the local user name, you will typically also have to set the ssh-identity. AUTHOR
John Peacock <jpeacock@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2008 John Peacock This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
SVN::Notify, SVN::Notify::Config, SVN::Notify::Mirror perl v5.14.2 2012-07-04 SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)