Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with Oracle VM on SPARC and LUN Multipathing Post 302950398 by bwcamp on Friday 24th of July 2015 09:12:12 AM
Old 07-24-2015
Help with Oracle VM on SPARC and LUN Multipathing

I plan to use a small SPARC Netra T4-1 as a VM server with a primary domain and 2 guest domains. The primary has MPIO configured (4 paths to SAN storage). When a LUN is exported and added to a guest domain, does the single disk server defined on the primary handle the multipathing for the guest or are 2 service domains required? Only have 4 cores so don't want to add a secondary service domain. Using OVM 3.2 and Solaris 10 1/13.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Oracle Linux on SPARC

Hi Oracle Linux users, You can probably guess from the title what the question is: Does anyone know if Oracle Linux (the Unbreakable variety I think that is) comes in a SPARC release or, if not, will there be one some time soon ? Many thanks, P;):D:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP in the Service Domain (Oracle VM Sparc)

Hello Using VM server 3.1, I would like to configure a vswitch based on IPMP of 2 physical port so that IPMP is only configured on the primary domain and no more on guest domains. Regarding the documentation (Configuring IPMP in a Logical Domains Environment - Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yguilloux
10 Replies

3. Solaris

External Network Connectivity w/Oracle VM Server for SPARC & Solaris 11

Hello all, thanks for reading my question: So I've been a Unix/Linux SysAdmin for a couple years, and I'm a bit over my head running solo, trying to set up LDoms using Oracle VM Server 3.1 for SPARC. I've been very careful, and things have gone well up until the point I try to access the new... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Oracle VM for SPARC - control/io domain dilemna

Hi all, My internal SAS disks (4 of them) are all sitting on the same controller/pcie device which is now being own by my default primary aka io aka control domain. I have created a vdisk server, that serves slices on these 4 disks to guest domain and everything is working fine. The issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mssprince
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssprince
4 Replies
cimauth(8)																cimauth(8)

NAME
cimauth - add, modify, remove, or list CIM namespace authorizations of users SYNOPSIS
cimauth -a -u username -n namespace [ -R ] [ -W ] cimauth -m -u username -n namespace [ -R ] [ -W ] cimauth -r -u username [ -n namespace ] cimauth -l cimauth -h cimauth --help cimauth --version DESCRIPTION
The cimauth command manages read and write CIM namespace authorizations of users. The operations are executed on the local host by submit- ting requests to the CIM Server. If the value of the configuration property enableNamespaceAuthorization is True , the CIM Server restricts access to namespaces based on user authorizations configured via cimauth . Changes to "Dynamic" authorization parameters does not require the CIM Server to be restarted. "Non Dynamic" configuration properties (E.g. enableNamespaceAuthorization ) can only be set as planned configuration and the CIM Server needs to be restarted to realize the change. (See cimconfig (8) for information on configuring the CIM Server.) Options The cimauth command recognizes the following options: -a Adds read and/or write authorizations to the specified user on the specified namespace. If neither the -R nor the -W option is specified, adds a read authorization by default. -h, --help Display command usage information. -l Lists all the authorizations configured in the CIM Server. -m Modifies authorizations of the specified user on the specified namespace. If neither the -R nor the -W option is specified, modifies the authorization to be a read authorization by default. -n namespace Specifies the R namespace for the operation. -r Removes authorizations of the specified user on the specified namespace. If no namespaces are specified, removes authorizations on all namespaces for the specified user. -R Specifies read authorization on the namespace. -u username Specifies the user for the operation. The specified R username must represent a valid user on the local host. --version Display CIM Server version number. -W Specifies write authorization on the namespace. EXIT STATUS
When an error occurs, an error message is written to stderr and an error value of 1 is returned. The following return values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Error USAGE NOTE
The cimauth command requires that the CIM Server is running. EXAMPLES
Add read authorizations to user "guest" on namespace "root/cimv2". cimauth -a -u guest -n root/cimv2 -R Add read and write authorizations to user "guest" on namespace "root/system". cimauth -a -u guest -n root/system -R -W Modify authorizations of the user "guest" on namespace "root/system" to read only. cimauth -m -u guest -n root/system -R Remove the authorizations of the user "guest" on namespace "root/system". cimauth -r -u guest -n root/system List all the authorizations configured in the CIM Server. cimauth -l SEE ALSO
cimserver(8), cimconfig(8). cimauth(8)