Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine multiline to one line till a blank line Post 302950275 by Akshay Hegde on Thursday 23rd of July 2015 04:25:17 AM
Old 07-23-2015
You may also try

Code:
[akshay@localhost tmp]$ cat file
ABC
DEF
GHI
JKL

MNO
PQR
STU
VWX

YZA

Code:
[akshay@localhost tmp]$ awk '!NF{print ";\n"}END{print ";\n"}1' ORS="" file
ABCDEFGHIJKL;
MNOPQRSTUVWX;
YZA;

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how to read a file till it encounters a blank line

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS: SINGCORP invalid... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS: SINGCORP invalid... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read lines till a blank line is encountered

Hi, I have reached at a specified offset from the start of file. My requirement is that I want to read only those lines, which have the string READ / ALTER / UPDATE. As soon as, none of these literals are found in the subsequent line, I want to stop reading. Is there any feature of grep which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabhsinha23
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the empty line by adding line before blank line

FIle A "A" 2 aa 34 3 ac 5 cd "B" 3 hu 67 4 fg 5 gy output shud be A"" 2 aa 34 "A" 3 ac 34 "A" 5 cd 34 "B" 3 hu 67 "B" 4 fg 67 "B" 5 gy 67 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to match pattern till blank line

Hi, I need to match lines after a pattern, upto the first blank line. Searched in web and some forums but coulnt find the answer. where <restart_step> = 10 -- Execute query 20 -- Write the contents to the Oracle table 30 -- Writing Contents to OUTPUT... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start reading from the nth line till the last line of a file.

Hi, For my reuirement, I have to read a file from the 2nd line till the last line<EOF>. Say, I have a file as test.txt, which as a header record in the first line followed by records in rest of the lines. for i in `cat test.txt` { echo $i } While doing the above loop, I have read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line with proper format

Hello Guys, I have a file say FILE1.txt contains below data:- A B C D E F G H I J K L I need the output in another file as FILE2 as:- 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
7 Replies
QVBoxLayout(3qt)														  QVBoxLayout(3qt)

NAME
QVBoxLayout - Lines up widgets vertically SYNOPSIS
#include <qlayout.h> Inherits QBoxLayout. Public Members QVBoxLayout ( QWidget * parent, int margin = 0, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) QVBoxLayout ( QLayout * parentLayout, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) QVBoxLayout ( int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) ~QVBoxLayout () DESCRIPTION
The QVBoxLayout class lines up widgets vertically. This class is used to construct vertical box layout objects. See QBoxLayout for more details. The simplest use of the class is like this: QBoxLayout * l = new QVBoxLayout( widget ); l->addWidget( aWidget ); l->addWidget( anotherWidget ); <center> [Image Omitted] </center> See also QHBoxLayout, QGridLayout, the Layout overview, Widget Appearance and Style, and Layout Management. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QVBoxLayout::QVBoxLayout ( QWidget * parent, int margin = 0, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a new top-level vertical box called name, with parent parent. The margin is the number of pixels between the edge of the widget and its managed children. The spacing is the default number of pixels between neighboring children. If spacing is -1 the value of margin is used for spacing. QVBoxLayout::QVBoxLayout ( QLayout * parentLayout, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a new vertical box called name name and adds it to parentLayout. The spacing is the default number of pixels between neighboring children. If spacing is -1, this QVBoxLayout will inherit its parent's spacing(). QVBoxLayout::QVBoxLayout ( int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a new vertical box called name name. You must add it to another layout. The spacing is the default number of pixels between neighboring children. If spacing is -1, this QVBoxLayout will inherit its parent's spacing(). QVBoxLayout::~QVBoxLayout () Destroys this box layout. The layout's widgets aren't destroyed. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qvboxlayout.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qvboxlayout.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QVBoxLayout(3qt)