Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise? Post 302950267 by Don Cragun on Thursday 23rd of July 2015 02:39:41 AM
Old 07-23-2015
Then try:
Code:
nawk -F"[\"<>]" '
BEGIN		{id=m=mc=ct=" "}
/\/Filename/	{id=$3}
/\/DivisionCode/{m=$3}
/\/ProductCode/	{mc=$3}
/\/ContentType/	{ct=$3}
/\/sequence/	{print id,m,mc,ct;id=m=mc=ct=" "}' OFS=, file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help reading XML file

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. My requirement is :Read XML and put data in Test.txt file.Using Shell script(bourn) My xml file: <root> <header> <HeaderData1>header1</HeaderData1> <HeaderData2>header2</HeaderData2>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files columnwise and print the differences in third file

Hello Everybody!!!!!!!!! Request you to help me with the below mentioned issue: I have 2 files say, File 1: a|4|7 b|3|2 c|8|8 d|8|9 File 2: a|4|6 b|2|2 c|8|8 d|9|8 The third file(output file) should have: Data mismatch in row 1 column 3 Data mismatch in row 2 coumn 2 Data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeet1409
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading file with values and updating another file

Hi I need some help with a task, i am an absolute newbie to any form of shell scripting and request guidance. Task: 1. Read a config file in form of name value pair ex host=www.test.com port=8080 binding="dynamic" or "other" or "something else" key1=value1 key2=value2 key3=value4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk7074
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove values of a file one by one from 2nd file and then print the remaining values of 2nd file

Hi all, I have 2 files. One contains only 1 column and other one contains 2 columns, let say 1_col.txt and 2_col.txt respectively. Here, I will try to explain with an example. Input files : 1_col.txt 2_col.txt a a b x a c p ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
GNOME-XML(1)							       1.1.0							      GNOME-XML(1)

NAME
xml-config - script to get information about the installed version of GNOME-XML SYNOPSIS
xml-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--libs] [--cflags] [--version] [--help] DESCRIPTION
xml-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use GNOME-XML. OPTIONS
xml-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of GNOME-XML on the standard output. Add the --static option to print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a GNOME-XML program. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GNOME-XML program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GNOME-XML program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that GNOME-XML was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Fredrik Hallenberg <hallon@lysator.liu.se>, for the Debian GNU/linux system (but may be used by others). Version 3 July 1999 GNOME-XML(1)