Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise? Post 302950204 by RudiC on Wednesday 22nd of July 2015 11:50:54 AM
Old 07-22-2015
You weren't too far off, try
Code:
awk -F"[\"<>]" '/Filename/{id=$3}/DivisionCode/{m=$3}/ProductCode/{mc=$3}/ContentType/{ct=$3} /\/sequence/ {print id,m,mc,ct; id=m=mc=ct=0}' OFS=, file
aldorzum.doc,US,VIMZIM,Template
alozyme.doc,CA,,Standard
ASER.doc,SA,ENCLOSER,Template

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help reading XML file

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. My requirement is :Read XML and put data in Test.txt file.Using Shell script(bourn) My xml file: <root> <header> <HeaderData1>header1</HeaderData1> <HeaderData2>header2</HeaderData2>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files columnwise and print the differences in third file

Hello Everybody!!!!!!!!! Request you to help me with the below mentioned issue: I have 2 files say, File 1: a|4|7 b|3|2 c|8|8 d|8|9 File 2: a|4|6 b|2|2 c|8|8 d|9|8 The third file(output file) should have: Data mismatch in row 1 column 3 Data mismatch in row 2 coumn 2 Data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeet1409
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading file with values and updating another file

Hi I need some help with a task, i am an absolute newbie to any form of shell scripting and request guidance. Task: 1. Read a config file in form of name value pair ex host=www.test.com port=8080 binding="dynamic" or "other" or "something else" key1=value1 key2=value2 key3=value4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk7074
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove values of a file one by one from 2nd file and then print the remaining values of 2nd file

Hi all, I have 2 files. One contains only 1 column and other one contains 2 columns, let say 1_col.txt and 2_col.txt respectively. Here, I will try to explain with an example. Input files : 1_col.txt 2_col.txt a a b x a c p ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
GraphViz::XML(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					GraphViz::XML(3pm)

NAME
GraphViz::XML - Visualise XML as a tree SYNOPSIS
use GraphViz::XML; my $graph = GraphViz::XML->new($xml); print $g->as_png; DESCRIPTION
This module makes it easy to visualise XML as a tree. XML is hard for humans to grasp, especially if the XML is computer-generated. This modules aims to visualise the XML as a graph in order to make the structure of the XML clear and to aid in understanding the XML. XML elements are represented as diamond nodes, with links to elements within them. Character data is represented in round nodes. Note that the XML::Twig module should be installed. METHODS
new This is the constructor. It takes one mandatory argument, which is the XML to be visualised. A GraphViz object is returned. my $graph = GraphViz::XML->new($xml); as_* The XML can be visualised in a number of different graphical formats. Methods include as_ps, as_hpgl, as_pcl, as_mif, as_pic, as_gd, as_gd2, as_gif, as_jpeg, as_png, as_wbmp, as_ismap, as_imap, as_vrml, as_vtx, as_mp, as_fig, as_svg. See the GraphViz documentation for more information. The two most common methods are: # Print out a PNG-format file print $g->as_png; # Print out a PostScript-format file print $g->as_ps; BUGS
GraphViz tends to reorder the nodes. I hope to find a work around soon (possibly with ports). AUTHOR
Leon Brocard <acme@astray.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, Leon Brocard This module is free software; you can redistribute it or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-02 GraphViz::XML(3pm)