Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to print color text in AIX? Post 302950173 by RudiC on Wednesday 22nd of July 2015 04:09:28 AM
Old 07-22-2015
Why don't you use printf which behaves consistently across systems (which echo does not do reliably)?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Configuring Color Laser ptr in AIX

Hi All, I have Network color laser printer which is to be configured in AIX5L. The Model of the printer is OKI C3200. Will it is supported with AIX 5..? I could not find any drivers for this. Will any compatible drivers are available for this printer... I tried with the default drivers hplj-4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helloajith
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print in color

I have a short code below: awk 'NR==1 {printf "'$information'-MYDATA-'$information' \n"} {print $0}' data.file > newdata.file I want the "information" color in RED and MYDATA in BLUE. How can I do it? Please help!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

3. AIX

ls color on AIX

Hi, I have retrieved the following rpm coreutils-5.2.1-2.aix5.1.ppc.rpm to get color with ls command. It doesnt work very well with | more. ls -ltr | more ^[[0mtotal 8 -rwxr--r-- 1 ora10 dba 4362 2009-01-08 11:08 ^[[01;32mora_base.ksh^[[0m ^[[m It works fine with pg ls -ltr | pg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tagger
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

text color

Hi all I have a file contains columns showing figures as below : Input file A B C D 50 60 90 E 100 20 53 F 30 40 70 G 25 27 45 I want to color the value above or equal 90 by red and to be shown as below output file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

New Background and Text Color

Hi. How do I change the background color and text in Fedora. I did find the set_color -b command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
1 Replies

6. Programming

changing text color in c

I'm writing my own Unix ls command in c and I was wondering if anyone knows how to or can point me to a tutorial that shows me how to change the text color of the filename depending on if it's a directory, regular file, linked file, etc..., like the real ls command does? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

color print using perl

Hi i want to print the text in different color using perl script. i am able to print on console(terminal). but if i try to print the same into a file, i am not able to do color.pl #!/bin/usr/perl use Term::ANSIColor; print "This text is normal.\n"; use Term::ANSIColor qw(:constants);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
3 Replies
removef(1M)															       removef(1M)

NAME
removef - remove a file from software database SYNOPSIS
removef [ [-M] -R root_path] [-V fs_file] pkginst path... removef [ [-M] -R root_path] [-V fs_file] -f pkginst removef informs the system that the user, or software, intends to remove a pathname. Output from removef is the list of input pathnames that may be safely removed (no other packages have a dependency on them). The following options are supported: -f After all files have been processed, removef should be invoked with the -f option to indicate that the removal phase is complete. -M Instruct removef not to use the $root_path/etc/vfstab file for determining the client's mount points. This option assumes the mount points are correct on the server and it behaves consistently with Solaris 2.5 and earlier releases. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. The root_path may be specified when installing to a client from a server (for example, /export/root/client1). Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -V fs_file Specify an alternative fs_file to map the client's file systems. For example, used in situations where the $root_path/etc/vfstab file is non-existent or unreliable. The following operands are supported: path The pathname to be removed. pkginst The package instance from which the pathname is being removed. Example 1: Using removef The following example uses the removef command in an optional pre-install script: echo "The following files are no longer part of this package and are being removed." removef $PKGINST /dev/xt[0-9][0-9][0-9] | while read pathname do echo "$pathname" rm -f $pathname done removef -f $PKGINST || exit 2 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgproto(1), pkgtrans(1), installf(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgask(1M), pkgchk(1M), attributes(5) 6 Apr 2005 removef(1M)