Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Flood in the inner circle of provider's Internet Post 302950168 by Xcislav on Wednesday 22nd of July 2015 03:02:19 AM
Old 07-22-2015
Flood in the inner circle of provider's Internet

The hardware in the inner circle in the provider's network worked incorrectly and therefore there was flood for an hour. They said that it wouldn't repeat again anymore, and that that flood was not in our user network. Is this 100% correct?

(As there was no Internet because of that flood we couldn't check the situation properly from our side.)

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Stop flood - how ?

Hello there, I want to know what are the ways to monitorize and control/stop flooding on my server, because I am heavily flooded. At this moment I am doing all this manually (when I see that my bandwidth is lowering or some applications are freezing), my main working tool being iptables.But I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spiriad
1 Replies

2. Solaris

PID Provider dtrace script

I'm just starting to mess about with dtrace on Solaris. How do I configure a probe in a PID provider dtrace script to trigger when the process being traced exits? I've tried pid$1:::exit where $1 is the PID but I get 'exit' is an invalid probe name (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Does my provider limit my internet access or somesites access?

Hi Good Day, i would like to ask for further info about my problems experiencing this evening. Im a PPP0 connection in the internet using 3G located in asia pacific region.i had this problem this evening in my INTERNET connections that there are some sites i can't open example ( Gizmodo.com,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Flood Messages in maillog

Hi All, I am getting large number of messages in below file /www/wls8/logs/HOSTS/tswebd01-zd01/maillog/maillog In past 24 hours, it has been increased by near to 1 GB. Can somebody help in finding, from where these messages are being generated and how to I stop them ? Same kind of messages... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or awk script to compute average of all the points within a circle

HI Help, I have a file which looks like below --- Input file ---> 1970113.00000 3460.00000 1.09516 1970116.00000 3791.00000 1.06350 1970120.00000 4120.00000 1.07588 1970115.00000 4450.00000 1.09591 1970116.00000 4780.00000 1.09965 1970120.00000 5109.00000 1.06733 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
7 Replies
PING6(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          PING6(1)

NAME
ping6 - Packets to network hosts SYNOPSIS
ping6 [OPTION...] HOST ... DESCRIPTION
Send ICMP ECHO_REQUEST packets to network hosts. Options valid for all request types: -c, --count=NUMBER stop after sending NUMBER packets -d, --debug set the SO_DEBUG option -i, --interval=NUMBER wait NUMBER seconds between sending each packet -n, --numeric do not resolve host addresses -r, --ignore-routing send directly to a host on an attached network -w, --timeout=N stop after N seconds Options valid for --echo requests: -f, --flood flood ping (root only) -l, --preload=NUMBER send NUMBER packets as fast as possible before falling into normal mode of behavior (root only) -p, --pattern=PATTERN fill ICMP packet with given pattern (hex) -q, --quiet quiet output -s, --size=NUMBER send NUMBER data octets -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. Options marked with (root only) are available only to superuser. AUTHOR
Written by Jeroen Dekkers. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-inetutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for ping6 is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and ping6 programs are properly installed at your site, the command info ping6 should give you access to the complete manual. GNU inetutils 1.9 December 2011 PING6(1)