Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automount issue
Operating Systems AIX Automount issue Post 302950155 by agent.kgb on Tuesday 21st of July 2015 03:48:17 PM
Old 07-21-2015
The first difference I see, you try to automount the share using your user account, but when you do it manually you mount the share using the root account.

Second, you didn't show automount configuration (or did I miss something?). But what I see and what is strange for me is "automounter on top of automounter" configuration. You have /vhe directory, which is defined in automounter. And you have at the same the directory /vhe/p02s/home which also seems to be defined in automounter. You receive several layers of mounts. When automounter starts it reserves the directory /vhe/p02s/home for the future mount, but when you go into /vhe it mounts the filesystem from the NFS server into /vhe and with this action it over-mounts the directory /vhe/p02s/home. That's why when you go into /vhe/p02s/home as user nothing happens - these are 2 different directories.

I think, you don't need such complex configuration. You can export just /home from you server. All other sub-directories are exported automagically with it and because you use NFS v3 you can mount sub-directories if you want to do it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automount

I install an external disk on my sun solaris 8 this went fine and I was able to access all filesystem on the disk. the new disk is mounted on /local then 6 hours later files under /local/files was 1 byte in size at the same time I received the following error message in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount

My site has a few sun solaris server including out NIS server and NFS server on solaris machines. we also have few suse linux and redhat linux machine. All our home directory is on our NFS server(sun Solaris) and this is automounted through /etc/auto_master and /etc/auto_home this worked fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoMount

Hi All How do I do a auto mount to a directory in a different unix server. I am using Solaris. Please advise!! TIA Jana (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automount issue

Folks; I'm mounting a directory on a different SUSE 10 server from my SUSE server fine. using this mount command: # mount 192.168.132.11:/var/local/new /var/local/new this command above works fine but when i added a new line to my "/etc/fstab" to be mounted automatically every time i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automount script

I'm attempting to take an fstab that looks something like this: /proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /sys /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/shm /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/pts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Automount in Solaris 10

Hi friends I'm a newbie trying to automount a nfs shared directory. Below is the configuration I'm using FreeBSD machine as NFS server. IP Address - 192.168.1.60 # cat /etc/exports /shared 192.168.1.50 Solaris 10 as NFS client. IP Address - 192.168.1.50 # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajj
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

NFS4 Ldap Automount issue

OK, I'm running low on patience with how this is working out. I have a RHEL 5.4 64bit server running 389 directory services and NFS4. I set up the schema for automount, and I am having some issues. I'm relatively new to both LDAP and Automount, and NFS4 has thrown me some curves vs NFS2/3.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark54g
6 Replies

8. Linux

Urgent :Automount issue

Hi Team, I am trying to delete the clearcase view in linux box. But i cant get, because my hostname is not configure under the at net directory in root dir. Please advice on this. Thanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

9. AIX

AutoMount in AIX

Hi Admins, I am new to AIX, pls help me on my below doubts 1) I have received below alerts Orange : PORTAL detected Filesystem (/nfs/sources) is 92.07% Utilized Here Orange is server name. When i did df -k in orange i do not see /nfs/sources filesystem in output. Doubts 1) how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount permission issue

Hi all, I am running CentOS6.3 and NFS is giving me a real hard time here: on my server a folder called /networkh has created with 777 permissions. I have setup NFS server on this server and it is supposed to serve a network. On my client machine I configed my auto.master: /nethome... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashily
1 Replies
nfssec(5)							File Formats Manual							 nfssec(5)

NAME
nfssec - overview of NFS security modes DESCRIPTION
The mount_nfs(1M) and share_nfs(1M) commands each provide a way to specify the security mode to be used on an NFS filesystem through the option. mode can be either or These security modes may also be added to the automount maps. Note that mount_nfs(1M) and automount(1M) do not support at this time. The option on the share_nfs(1M) command line establishes the security mode of NFS servers. If the NFS connection uses the NFS Version 3 protocol, the NFS clients must query the server for the appropriate mode to use. If the NFS connection uses the NFS Version 2 protocol, then the NFS client uses the default security mode, which is currently NFS clients may force the use of a specific security mode by speci- fying the option on the command line. However, if the filesystem on the server is not shared with that security mode, the client may be denied access. If the NFS client wants to authenticate the NFS server using a particular (stronger) security mode, the client wants to specify the secu- rity mode to be used, even if the connection uses the NFS Version 3 protocol. This guarantees that an attacker masquerading as the server does not compromise the client. The NFS security modes are described below. Of these, the modes use the Kerberos V5 protocol for authenticating and protecting the shared filesystems. Before these can be used, the system must be configured to be part of a Kerberos realm. Use authentication. The user's UNIX user-id and group-ids are passed in the clear on the network, unauthenticated by the NFS server . This is the simplest security method and requires no additional administration. It is the default used by HP-UX NFS Version 2 clients and HP-UX NFS servers. Use a Diffie-Hellman public key system which is referred to as in the forthcoming Internet RFC). Use Kerberos V5 protocol to authenticate users before granting access to the shared filesystem. Use Kerberos V5 authentication with integrity checking (checksums) to verify that the data has not been tampered with. User Kerberos V5 authentication, integrity checksums, and privacy protection (encryption) on the shared filesystem. This provides the most secure filesystem sharing, as all traffic is encrypted. It should be noted that performance might suffer on some systems when using depending on the computational intensity of the encryption algorithm and the amount of data being transferred. Use null authentication NFS clients using have no identity and are mapped to the anonymous user by NFS servers. A client using a security mode other than the one with which an HP-UX NFS server shares the filesystem has its security mode mapped to In this case, if the filesystem is shared with users from the client are mapped to the anonymous user. WARNINGS
lists the NFS security services. Do not edit this file. It is not intended to be user-configurable. FILES
NFS security service configuration file SEE ALSO
automount(1M), mount_nfs(1M), share_nfs(1M), rpc_clnt_auth(3N), secure_rpc(3N), nfssec.conf(4). nfssec(5)