Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing XML using command line Post 302949936 by pauldx on Friday 17th of July 2015 06:42:46 PM
Old 07-17-2015
thanks for prompt response. I am sorry but how do I pass input file name ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing the command line arguments

Is there a way to get the command line arguments. I am using getopt(3) but if the arguments are more than one for a particular option than it just ignores the second argument. For eg ./a.out -x abc def now abd will be got with -x using getopt "( x : )" and string abc\0def will get stored... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayakhanna
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line argument parsing

how to parse the command line argument to look for '@' sign and the following with '.'. In my shell script one of the argument passed is email address. I want to parse this email address to look for correct format. rmjoe123@hotmail.com has '@' sign and followed by a '.' to be more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmjoe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing command line switches in Perl

Hi, My perl script takes few switches which i'm parsing through GetOpt::Long module. My script looks like something : myscript.pl --file="foo" --or --file="bar" The --file switch takes 2 arguments foo and bar. The 2 values of file are separated by --or switch. I want to ensure that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: obelix
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help parsing command line arguments in bash

Looking for a little help parsing some command line arguments in a bash script I am working on, this is probably fairly basic to most, but I do not have much experience with it. At the command line, when the script is run, I need to make sure the argument passed is a file, it exists in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a command line parameter in script

I have a simple script that builds a complex program call which passes a number of parameters to the program. I'm trying to enhance the script to include the value of the command line parameter in the name of a file being created. The problem I'm having is that the parameter may include a forward... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbmax626
11 Replies

6. Programming

Parsing command line arguments in Python

Hi, I've a python script called aaa.py and passing an command line option " -a" to the script like, ./aaa.py -a & Inside the script if the -a option is given I do some operation if not something else. code looks like ./aaa.py -a . . if options.a ---some operation--- if not options.a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: testin
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions for command line parsing

Hi all I need to put a command line parser together to parse numeric fields and ranges passed to a script. I'm looking for a bash function that is as elegant and simple as possible. So the input would be of the following form - 1,2,8-12 This would return - 1,2,8,9,10,11,12 Input can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command Line Perl for parsing fasta file

I would like to take a fasta file formated like >0001 agttcgaggtcagaatt >0002 agttcgag >0003 ggtaacctga and use command line perl to move the all sample gt 8 in length to a new file. the result would be >0001 agttcgaggtcagaatt >0003 ggtaacctga cat ${sample}.fasta | perl -lane... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
2 Replies
Dancer::Response(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Dancer::Response(3pm)

NAME
Dancer::Response - Response object for Dancer SYNOPSIS
# create a new response object Dancer::Response->new( status => 200, content => 'this is my content' ); Dancer::SharedData->response->status; # 200 # fetch current response object my $response = Dancer::SharedData->response; # fetch the current status $response->status; # 200 # change the status $response->status(500); PUBLIC API
new Dancer::Response->new( status => 200, content => 'my content', headers => HTTP::Headers->new(...), ); create and return a new Dancer::Response object current my $response = Dancer::SharedData->response->current(); return the current Dancer::Response object, and reset the object exists if ($response->exists) { ... } test if the Dancer::Response object exists content # get the content my $content = $response->content; my $content = Dancer::SharedData->response->content; # set the content $response->content('my new content'); Dancer::SharedData->response->content('my new content'); set or get the content of the current response object status # get the status my $status = $response->status; my $status = Dancer::SharedData->response->status; # set the status $response->status(201); Dancer::SharedData->response->status(201); set or get the status of the current response object content_type # get the status my $ct = $response->content_type; my $ct = Dancer::SharedData->response->content_type; # set the status $response->content_type('application/json'); Dancer::SharedData->response->content_type('application/json'); set or get the status of the current response object pass $response->pass; Dancer::SharedData->response->pass; set the pass value to one for this response has_passed if ($response->has_passed) { ... } if (Dancer::SharedData->response->has_passed) { ... } test if the pass value is set to true halt Dancer::SharedData->response->halt(); $response->halt; halted if (Dancer::SharedData->response->halted) { ... } if ($response->halted) { ... } header # set the header $response->header('X-Foo' => 'bar'); Dancer::SharedData->response->header('X-Foo' => 'bar'); # get the header my $header = $response->header('X-Foo'); my $header = Dancer::SharedData->response->header('X-Foo'); get or set the value of a header headers $response->headers(HTTP::Headers->new(...)); Dancer::SharedData->response->headers(HTTP::Headers->new(...)); return the list of headers for the current response headers_to_array my $headers_psgi = $response->headers_to_array(); my $headers_psgi = Dancer::SharedData->response->headers_to_array(); this method is called before returning a PSGI response. It transforms the list of headers to an array reference. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-28 Dancer::Response(3pm)