Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)? Post 302949912 by Manish00712 on Friday 17th of July 2015 01:00:49 PM
Old 07-17-2015
How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a
Code:
       standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server

Or
Code:
       A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created.

Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..?

On a standalone LPAR:
Code:
#prtconf -L
1 06-2D4G

On a VIOC LPAR:
Code:
#prtconf -L
4 <hostname>

Hope I made myself clear with my question..?

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 07-17-2015 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR and CFGMGR

I have a P570 that for some reason is not allowing the P1-T6 NIC to be recognized. I have confirmed from the HMC that it is set for the LPAR, but when I do a cfgmgr, it won't recognize it. It though is recognizing the slot cards just fine which are P1-C3 for one shelf and P1-C3 of another shelf.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LegendMan
1 Replies

2. AIX

Autostart of LPAR

Hi, I have 2 lpars on my AIX that needs to be started manually after each reboot. Because the servers are storing the NFS and NIS info, other servers won't run correctly until they start up. I found in IBM documentation the steps to make it automatic. My question is, I want to know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahzzbietel
2 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR

I am planning for System P with 2 number of 2-core processor (4 core in total). Can I make 3 LPARS with this processor configuration without the support of micropartitioning, that means with simple LPAR only. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

4. AIX

ldom and lpar

hi, Plz let me know if the concept of sun ldom and aix lpar is same or not. thnx, snj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snjksh
1 Replies

5. AIX

LPAR creation

can i get a step b syep explanation in creating LPAR... i have searched for tutorials i couldn't find the right one.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

6. AIX

Bootting up a new LPAR

I have created a new LPAR using IVM. I activated the LPAR, and start the window terminal (java), it prompt me for the padmin password. After keyin the password, it will shows BOOTP parameter. I am just wondering how come it didnt go to screen where i can select to go into SMS menu to pick... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
0 Replies

7. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

8. AIX

Mirroring in LPAR

Hi Folks, I am a newbie in AIX. Can someone please tell me how to do root mirroring in AIX LPAR which is created from mksysb image via HMC/NIM. ? AIX 5.3/6.1 Let me know. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. AIX

Hostname for each lpar

Hi Gurus, Can a AIX server with 4 LPARs, each having it's own hostname on the same physical host. Is this possible? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

10. AIX

Lpar migration

We have a 2 node oracle rac cluster one node is in frame 1 and other is in frame 2 Now,because of some hardware failure(processor card and cable) in frame 1 we will failover database services from lpar in frame 1 to lpar(oracle rac cluster node2) in frame2 and the entire replacement of hardware... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
9 Replies
FS_DISKFREE(1)						       AFS Command Reference						    FS_DISKFREE(1)

NAME
fs_diskfree - Shows data about the partition housing a directory or file SYNOPSIS
fs diskfree [-path <dir/file path>+] [-human] [-help] fs df [-p <dir/file path>+] [-hu] [-he] fs di [-p <dir/file path>+] [-hu] [-he] DESCRIPTION
The fs diskfree command formats and displays information about the partition that houses the volume containing the specified directory or file, including its size and how much space is currently used. To display information about the volume itself, use the fs examine command. The fs examine and fs quota commands also display information about a volume. CAUTIONS
The partition-related statistics in this command's output do not always agree with the corresponding values in the output of the standard UNIX df command. The statistics reported by this command can be up to five minutes old, because the Cache Manager polls the File Server for partition information at that frequency. Also, on some operating systems, the df command's report of partition size includes reserved space not included in this command's calculation, and so is likely to be about 10% larger. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names a file or directory that resides on the partition about which to produce output. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -human Print space in a "human-readable" format. Instead of always printing space in kilobytes, show disk space in kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes, or petabytes, as appropriate. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output reports the following information about the volume and partition that houses each file or directory: Volume Name The name of the volume. total The partition's total size. If -human is not specified, this value is in kilobytes. used The amount of space used on the partition. If -human is not specified, this value is in kilobytes. avail The amount of space available on the partition. If -human is not specified, this value is in kilobytes. %used The percentage of the partition's total space that is used (the "used" statistic divided by the "kbytes" statistic, times 100). If the %used statistic is greater than 90%, it is marked with the string "<<WARNING" at the right margin. If the volume is a read-only volume, the output includes information about only one of the partitions that houses it, generally the one on the file server machine with the lowest preference rank. To verify which machine the output is referring to, use the vos listvldb command to list the volume's locations, and the vos partinfo command to display the size of each one. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output for the partitions housing the volumes "user.smith" and "sun4x_56.bin": % fs diskfree -path /afs/abc.com/usr/smith /afs/abc.com/sun4x_56/bin Volume Name total used avail %used user.smith 4177920 3841258 336662 92% <<WARNING sun4x_56.bin 4423680 3174500 1249180 72% PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "r" (read) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -path argument, and "l" (list) permission on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_examine(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_DISKFREE(1)