Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PERL DBD make test on Linux failing Post 302949832 by talashil on Thursday 16th of July 2015 12:36:26 PM
Old 07-16-2015
gcc is 64-bit .

LD_RUN_PATH="/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib" gcc -m32 -shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci8.o -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so \
-L/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib/ -lclntsh -ldl -lm -lpthread -lnsl -lirc -lipgo -lsvml -ldl -lm -lpthread

how it's taking gcc-32 ? is there a way to modify it ?

libclntsh.so is 64-bit.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl module DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install Oracle perl module(DBD-Oracle). MY oracle server runs on solaris 8 while the machine am tring to install DBD-Oracle runs Suse linux 9(SLE 9) Oracle client library including sqlplus are NFS mount on my suse linux machine from my solaris oracle server but when I run make on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl-DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm on Suse (SLE 9), like rpm -Uvh perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm but I keep getting the following error message error: Failed dependencies: libclntsh.so.10.1 is needed by perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.el4 libnnz10.so is needed by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl DBI/DBD Module -in cygwin

Hi all, I am trying to install the DBI module in perl using perl -MCPAN -e shell install 'DBI' --It is installing into the nuild directory properly but when it try to make it is saying NOT OK -I tried to copy the module manually to the /lib/perl5/vendor_perl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl DBI and DBD

Hi, i have some queries on installing the Perl DBI and the DBD Oracle. I know that i have to install the DBI first. I have the source files in a folder in my home directory.The commands to install arecd /home/DBI Perl Makefile.PL make make installI would like to know, after executing these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make test fails for DBD::Oracle installation

I've already installed the DBI Perl Module with no issues and now I'm attempting to install the DBD::Oracle driver on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server and am having some trouble. I've checked through the forums and haven't seen anything helpful at this point. Everything goes fine during the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstrosnyder
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display which test in the if/else is failing

So I have a script that monitors my drives (/dev/sda and /dev/sdb) using smartctl (smartmontools). I'm by no means an expert in scripting, so this was my attempt at creating a way to email me if one of the values in smartctl output goes above a set threshold. My question is, I'm trying to edit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bound4h
5 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing MySql DBD in dtrawberry perl

Hi Guys, I am trying to install DBI and DBD-MYSQL for strawberry perl. But i am not able to install. :wall: DBD-MYSQL >> makefile.pl gives error as 'Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test file script - if evaluation failing

I have a following script to evaluate if file exist in the directory and then archive it. #!/bin/bash #master directory scriptdir="/flex/sh/interfaces" #change this path only - all other paths are connected with it filedir="/flex/interfaces" #change this path only - all other paths are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viallos
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script test failing

Testing some old script developed by different user. #!/usr/bin/sh case "$0" in */*) cmd="$0";; *) cmd=`which "$0"`;; esac dir=`dirname "$cmd"` node="$dir/." echo $node below two simple tests are failing, I am not seeing any Control+M characters in the script file and I am not able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
4 Replies
FirebirdEmbedded(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     FirebirdEmbedded(3pm)

NAME
DBD::FirebirdEmbedded - embedded Firebird server (and client) SYNOPSIS
use DBI; $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:FirebirdEmbedded:db=$dbname", undef, undef); # See the DBI module documentation for full details DESCRIPTION
DBD::FirebirdEmbedded is a variant of DBD::FirebirdEmbedded, linked with the Firebird embedded library, libfbembed. In addition to the ability to work with remote Firebird servers (which DBD::FirebirdEmbedded has, being linked with the Firebird client library, libfbclient), DBD::FirebirdEmbedded can be used to work with Firebird databases without the need of a dedicated Firebird server. The following things should be set up first: Username/password These should be unset. Both in the "DBI->connection(...)" call and in the environment ("ISC_USER", "ISC_PASSWORD", "DBI_USER", "DBI_PASSWORD" variables). Firebird lock directory The "FIREBIRD_LOCK" environment variable should be set to some place where the process can write. Note that if you plan for several processes to access the database file directly, they all should have "FIREBIRD_LOCK" set to the same directory, or else database corruption will occur. No "host" in the DSN Obviously, do not set any host when calling "DBI->connection(...)", not even "localhost". Permissions to read/write the database Obviously, the process needs to be able to read/write the database file. COMPARISON WITH DBD
::FIREBIRD DBD::FirebirdEmbedded provides exactly the same functionality as the Firebird server of the same version as the libfbembed library. It still can work with remote datases, in which case the use is exactly the same (DSN, environment) as with the regular DBD::FirebirdEmbedded. Pros Standalone work with Firebird databases No need to setup/administer a Firebird server. All the server functionality is available via the libfbembed library. Shared access to databases is still possible (but read "Firebird lock directory" above). No network latency Working directly with the database file elliminates possible network delays (even if the server is on the local host). Cons Memory footprint The libfbembed library contains a fully functional Firebird server and is therefore bigger than the ordinary client library, libfbclient. Setup complexity It is very important to make sure that all processes that access a given database use the same lock directory. See "Firebird lock directory" above. SEE ALSO
DBD::FirebirdEmbedded perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 FirebirdEmbedded(3pm)