Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pattern replacing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern replacing Post 302949796 by ctrld on Thursday 16th of July 2015 05:01:38 AM
Old 07-16-2015
Thanks a ton for the suggestions. Its a privilege to interact with experts like you. Thanks Aia and Don.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing pattern in variable

My String variable is holding value as - abc"def I want to replce " with \" I tried with awk : echo $var | awk '{gsub(/"/,"\"");print}' and I am getting an error, `)' is not expected. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a pattern in a file

Hi guys, i have a pattern that i am searching in a file and i want to extract some of this pattern ... module TS1N65ULPA96X32M4 ( .... i want to extract only TS1N65ULPA96X32M4 part and i do the following sed 's/module \(x*\).*/\1/' name_of_file but this is not quite right. could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all except for the matching pattern

Hi all I need to replace all characters in a file except for the matching pattern eg. I need to replace all character with '*' except for the pattern "abc" Input "sdfhgsdf abc ##%$#abcsdfh sdfjkfff" Output "******abc******abc*************" Request for single liner solution (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav288
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing between pattern

Hi all, I been searching the forum for a few hours now and can't find exactly what I need to replace text between two patterns. Below is what I want to accomplish /* Any text between these to sympols */ changed to.... /* This will be the new text to change */ ..and I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauky
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern using variable?

ip1="xxx" ip2="bbb" sed 's/$ip1/$ip2/g' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing pattern

Hi, I have a file which contains the below data. I want to change pattern to correct format. # tail -1 test.log | awk '{print $8}' 10/09/23 # I want the format to be 23/09/10 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing pattern

Hi, I have a file which contains the below data. I want to search for a pattern server="http://bushby.mis.amat.com:12440" and remove it from the file. Please let me know how can i do this. <Object name="reverse-proxy-/endeavour/"> ObjectType fn="http-client-config" timeout="1800"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing pattern

hi, I want to do replacing of some pattern by using sed. pattern : " white space / to white space / please help -bhrat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhrat kapoor
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern in different cases in different columns with a single pattern

Hi All I am having pipe seperated inputs like Adam|PeteR|Josh|PEter Nick|Rave|Simon|Paul Steve|smith|PETER|Josh Andrew|Daniel|StAlin|peter Rick|PETer|ADam|RAVE i want to repleace all the occurrence of peter (in any case pattern PeteR,PEter,PETER,peter,PETer) with Peter so that output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file

i have little challenge, help me out.i have a file where i have a value declared and and i have to replace the value when called. for example i have the value for abc and ccc. now i have to substitute the value of value abc and ccc in the place of them. Input File: go to &abc=ddd; if... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
16 Replies
SHANTY(1)							      Shanty								 SHANTY(1)

NAME
Shanty - Makes a PostScript file from an image and some text. SYNOPSIS
shanty -i image_file [-t text_file] [-o output_file] [-s paper_size] [-d density] [-m margin] [-b background_color] [-x padding] [-n title] [-l orientation] [-rtl] [-btt] [-f font_name] [-altgd] DESCRIPTION
Shanty takes a text file and an image (PNG or JPG) and creates a PostScript file where one pixel in the image becomes one character in the PostScript. OPTIONS
-i, -image Name of the image to load in. JPG and PNG images are supported. This is the only compulsory field. -t, -text Name of the text file to load in, if omitted STDIN is used. -o, -output Name of the PostScript file to produce, if omitted STDOUT is used. -s, -size Size of the paper to work with. This field should be one of: "a0", "a2", "a3", "a4", "a5", "a6", "letter", "broadsheet", "ledger", "tabloid", "legal", "executive" and "36x36". Default is "a4". -d, -density Density of the text. Higher numbers are more dense, default is 1.4. -m, -margin The margins of the page in cm. Default is 1. -b, -background The colour of a backing rectangle to place behind the text. Colours are specified as "R,G,B" with each value between 0 and 255. "off" means no backing colour. Default is "off". -x, -p, -padding Density of the text. Higher numbers are more dense, default is 1.4. -n, -title The title of the output to write as meta-data in the PostScript file. Default is "Shanty output". -l, -orientation The orientation of the paper, can be "portrait", "landscape" or "auto". Default is "auto". -rtl Switch to right-to-left text. -btt Switch to bottom-to-top text. -f, -font Specify font. The font name specified must be visible to the not just make a font magically appear. Default is "Courier-Bold". -altgd If you have problems loading the GD library, try this switch. HOMEPAGE
<http://www.codebunny.org/coding/shanty/> AUTHOR
Duncan Martin <duncan@codebunny.org> ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Many thanks to DFB <http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~dfb/> and contributors to comp.lang.postscript. Duncan Martin 6 October 2006 SHANTY(1)