Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read paragraph from file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read paragraph from file Post 302949226 by bhupinder08 on Wednesday 8th of July 2015 09:51:34 AM
Old 07-08-2015
Read paragraph from file

Hi,

I have a file containing SQL commands in following format. I need to run the SQLs separately and also print the status of SQL, successful/unsuccessful.

File : SQL.dat
Code:
## SQL1
select * from dual;

## SQL2
select user from dual10;

Expected output:
Code:
SQL1:PASS
SQL2:FAIL

Started with kind of a FOR loop (as mentioned below). But this prints the entire SQLs in file. I want SQL1 to be executed then SQL2 and so on. Please suggest.

Code:
for Code in $(cat SQL.dat | egrep "^##")
do
    SQLID=`echo "$Code" | tr -d "##"`
    SQL=`cat SQL.dat | sed -n "/$Code/,/;/p"`
    RunSQL $SQL
done

Thanks for your time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting each paragraph and put it into a file...help me

Dear Friends, I need a shell script. I am facing a problem while selecting the text that is between start and end tags. and insert the paragraph into a file1, next paragraph in file2...... experts please help. i have a file which contains, -------------- <abc> 111some text some text some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a paragraph between pattern , with the content 4m another file

hi, i wanted to put the output of file f1 into the pattern space of file f2 f1: wjwjwjwjwjwjwj //these line go in file f2 jwjwjwjwjwjjwjw wjwjwjwjjwjwjwj f2: Pattern_start __________ //these are the line to be replaced __________ Pattern_end i m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: go4desperado
4 Replies

3. Programming

Cannot read a file with read(fd, buffer, buffersize) function

# include <stdio.h> # include <fcntl.h> # include <stdlib.h> # include <sys/stat.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int fRead, fPadded, padVal; int btRead; int BUFFSIZE = 512; char buff; if (argc != 4) { printf ("Please provide all of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naranja18she
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output text from 1st paragraph in file w/ a specific string through last paragraph of file w/ string

Hi, I'm trying to output all text from the first paragraph in a file that contains a specific string through the last paragraph in that file that contains that string. Previously, I was outputting just each paragraph with that search string with: cat in_file | nawk '{RS=""; FS="\n";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpenn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy way to pull a paragraph from a text file?

I have a collection of text files that comprise a mailing list archive. I grep them to find an email that interests me, then open the file in a text editor to find the surrounding paragraph of text. Is there an easy way to do this from the shell instead? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print each paragraph in a text file into excel file

Hi, I have a below text file, which needs to be printed into attached excel file. Please help me. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file and execute the read command

Hi, I am facing issues with the below: I have a lookup file say lookup.lkp.This lookup.lkp file contains strings delimited by comma(,). Now i want to read this command from file and execute it. So my code below is : Contents in the lookup.lkp file is : c_e,m,a,`cd $BOX | ls cef_*|tail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving a paragraph from a pdf file using shell commands

In the reference section of a research paper(in pdf form), many other paper names are cited which have been used inside the pdf at different places. If I give an input, the name of a paper which has been cited in the reference section and want to display the section (the paragraph) inside the pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SK33
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join Lines every paragraph in a file.txt

Hi all, Is there any idea on how to automate convert the paragraph in one line in a file, this will happen after OCR the documents, OCR split every paragraph. I need to join all the paragraph in one line. #cat file.txtThe Commission on Higher Education (CHED) was created through Republic Act... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
7 Replies
IFX_FIELDPROPERTIES(3)							 1						    IFX_FIELDPROPERTIES(3)

ifx_fieldproperties - List of SQL fieldproperties

SYNOPSIS
array ifx_fieldproperties (resource $result_id) DESCRIPTION
Returns the Informix SQL fieldproperties of every field in the query as an associative array. Properties are encoded as: "SQL- TYPE;length;precision;scale;ISNULLABLE" where SQLTYPE = the Informix type like "SQLVCHAR" etc. and ISNULLABLE = "Y" or "N". PARAMETERS
o $result_id -$result_id is a valid resultid returned by ifx_query(3) or ifx_prepare(3) (select type queries only!). RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array with fieldnames as key and the SQL fieldproperties as data for a query with $result_id. Returns FALSE on errors. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Informix SQL fieldproperties <?php $properties = ifx_fieldproperties($resultid); if (!isset($properties)) { /* ... error ... */ } foreach ($properties as $fname => $val) { echo "$fname: property = $val "; } ?> SEE ALSO
ifx_fieldtypes(3). PHP Documentation Group IFX_FIELDPROPERTIES(3)