Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Privacy enable on SNMPv3 AIX) Post 302949221 by agent.kgb on Wednesday 8th of July 2015 09:07:04 AM
Old 07-08-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFelt
The start/stop command (startsrc/stopsrc) for snmpd looks at /usr/sbin/snmpd -= so changing what it points at changes your daemon.
there is a special command for that - snmpv3_ssw IBM Knowledge Center

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular user - enable printer - aix unix

how can I let a regular user enable a printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naes
0 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

net-snmp-config --create-snmpv3-user snmpengineID

Solaris 10 -- I created SNMPv3 users with net-snmp-config --create-snmpv3-user command. I am using HP Network Node Manager's SNMPv3 Smart Plugin to serve as the SNMP management server. Some SNMPv3 users were automatically created with the same snmpengineID. This causes NNM's brassagt proxy to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsteele
0 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Configuration of snmpv3 in AIX

Hi, I am new to AIX and have been assigned a task to configure the snmp on aix which can talk to our management server. Any help in relation to this will be greatly appriciated. Cheers, Tarun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkhanna
3 Replies

4. AIX

Enable send email through smtp - exchange on AIX 6.1

Please help, i can not to send email from AIX 6.1 to outside network through STMP - Exchange. Any one can help ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichsan
1 Replies

5. AIX

Enable large filesize option in NFS mount in AIX 4.3

Hi All, I have a NFS mount filesystem, however it is not supporting a creation of filesize greater than 2 GB in it, how can i enable the option (bf = true) in it. The AIX version is 4.3.2 Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to enable command history in AIX 6

Hi Friends, I am using AIX 6 with ksh shell, i am not able to get the commands histroy which was used earlier by pressing up and down arrow keys. Could you please help me to enable the history for ksh shell in AIX 6 OS. Thanks in Advance. Siva Kumar. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
3 Replies

7. AIX

SNMPv3 error - Help please!

Hello everyone: I'm still relatively new to AIX administration and learning every day. I need to configure SNMPv3 in several servers. I tried first on a "test environment" server, no firewalls, and I was successful. Then I moved on to the "production" servers, which are behind firewall and I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
0 Replies

8. AIX

Is it must to enable TCB on AIX LPARs ?

Hi, I've verified my AIX 7.1 LPAR , and TCB is disabled by default. #odmget -q attribute=TCB_STATE PdAt PdAt: uniquetype = "" attribute = "TCB_STATE" deflt = "tcb_disabled" values = "" width = "" type = "" generic = "" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies
os_mibs(8)						      System Manager's Manual							os_mibs(8)

NAME
os_mibs - Tru64 UNIX extensible SNMP subagent daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/os_mibs DESCRIPTION
The os_mibs daemon is a subagent that implements the standard MIB support for Tru64 UNIX. It currently supports MIB II, the FDDI MIB, the Token Ring MIB, Host Resources MIB, and the Ethernet-like Interfaces MIB. This daemon is started and stopped automatically and in conjunction with the SNMP master agent snmpd; no configuration or user action is required. Unexpected conditions when servicing requests for these MIBs are logged using the syslog function. For Host Resources MIB information, see Network Administration. For information about building subagents and extensible SNMP support, see the Network Programmer's Guide. FILES
The system daemon log file. Where (date is the date). SEE ALSO
Commands: snmpd(8), snmp_request(8) Functions: syslog(3) RFC 1213, MIB II RFC 1231, IEE 802.5 Token Ring MIB RFC 1285, FDDI MIB RFC 1514, Host Resources MIB RFC 2011, SNMPv2 MIB for the Internet Protocol using SMIv2 RFC 2012, SNMPv2 MIB for the Transmission Control Protocol using SMIv2 RFC 2013, SNMPv2 MIB for the User Datagram Protocol using SMIv2 RFC 2358, Definitions of Managed Objects for the Ethernet-like Interface Types os_mibs(8)