Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to execute with switch Post 302949214 by atanubanerji on Wednesday 8th of July 2015 07:39:27 AM
Old 07-08-2015
Hello Peasant

Actually I was searching the easiest way to get the job done....some thing like ..
Code:
sh myscript.sh <dir_name> -w <value> -c <value>

Where <dir_name> is mandatory, and values supplied with -w or -c is optional. If optional values are not supplied, default value will be taken.

Last edited by rbatte1; 07-08-2015 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Changed ICODE tags to CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

switch user inside a script

Hi, I wrote a unix script that will perform differnt tasks on bahalf of number of users. I use "sudo" to run the script. The problem is when I execute the command: su - user -c "xxx " > output_file, I get the system output header frm the su command. Is there a way to get rid of it instdead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script with more then one switch

Hi, have managed to code a script that has a simple menu so for instance if I run: this will call a help function that displays the programs help, I have coded this in using a case statement so if: case is h) call the help function The problem is I don't know how to code in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Del33t
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a Script with switch as option

Hi all, I want to make a script which should be able to use switch, eg. If i want to perform a operation on a single file , i should give file path as argument i.e. SCRIPT <PATH> Now if i want to perform the same operation on a bunch of files, i should write as SCRIPT -f filename where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch from one database to other using shell script

Hi all, This is my first ever post to any forum so, dont let this go in vain...........:) Here is the scenario........ I have logged into the unix where oracle_sid is initialized for some X database in the .profile. I have a unix script where some sql query which fetches data from X... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch User in within a Shell Script

Hi Experts, I'm trying to write a shell script to stop few things where i have to use another user to execute a command. Otherwise it will not work. Your help is really appreciated Thanks, (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afi_Linux
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to switch user using shell script ?

Hi, script1.sh script2.sh script3.sh From above, script1.sh is the main script which is executed from root user, creates installation directory, changing ownership and execution rights etc..etc.. and finally calls scripot2.sh and script3.sh to create the database as well as for post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milink
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with server switch shell script

I need a script to change server automatically after performing some operations. The command for changing server is ssh username@servername . Then a prompt comes to enter a password. Then i need to perform some opertaions on the other server. How can i do this in a script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratikm23
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using expect to switch users in a script

hi, I need to switch users in a script I'm newbee to expect I wrote two files 1 sudo.exp, since su4098 is used as root in my laptop #!/usr/bin/expect spawn su su4098 expect *Password:* send mypsw\n interact 2 test.sh ls ./sudo.exp tcpdump -i wlan0 su esolve ls however, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch between root and user in the same script.

I am writing a korn shell script where i need to switch to root in between and again exit from root to normal user and continue other commands. Is that possible to switch between these two in the same script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to switch user in shell script?

HI in a server we can't login with root user directly but i can login with different user and then i can switch to root user by su command Requirement is there anyway where i can write a script without mentioning password in file as mentioning the root password is not the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)