Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Common Vulnerability
Special Forums IP Networking Common Vulnerability Post 302949198 by alvinoo on Wednesday 8th of July 2015 04:45:46 AM
Old 07-08-2015
Common Vulnerability

Hi there,

I am trying to find info about the commonly used ports and how it can be vulnerable and to identify them?

For example, I would like to identify how to man-in-the-middle using these ports 21(FTP),22(SSH),23(TELNET),

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is this a common problem in X?

does X apps some times go blank and you need to kill the app i find that to be very annoying becuse i do that a lot is there a fix for this here is my top - 15:22:46 up 2:25, 3 users, load average: 0.12, 0.09, 0.20 Tasks: 72 total, 1 running, 71 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu(s): ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3bumbs plumming
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Common uses for Unix

What are some of the most common uses for Unix in the field? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcengland
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Perderabo: Is that a common handle?

In an web based turn-based-strategy game I play (which until I am sure of the rules of this section of the forum, I'll not post a link to but is tiny and involves wars, warz even ;)), there is a player called Perderabo who has become rather powerful by the looks of things... Could this be one and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Common value in three files

I have 3 files 1.csv abc def 2.csv abc xyb 3.csv abc e23 frw I need to search for the common word in all the three files. How do i do that in awk ? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

common contents of two files

I have two files: file a with contents 1 2 3 4 5 file b with contents 6 3 5 8 9 10 i want go get file c which has the common contents of both files so file c should have contents 3 5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Common records

Hi, I have the following files, A M 2 3 B E 4 5 C I 5 6 D O 4 5 A M 3 4 B E 5 2 F U 7 9 J K 2 3 OUTPUT A M 2 3 3 4 B E 4 5 5 2 thanks in advance, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what does 'common /filter/ npass ' mean ?

Hi guy i'm quite confused about a line : common /filter/ fmin, npasses, hpfilter is it a data type ?:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaofei
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

common ids

I have file1.txt I have file2.txt and I want to extract all the rows in file1.txt that have the same idsas file2.txt in the 3rd column in the file1.txt. so the output willl be I have tried sort ${data}/13.txt > ${data}/13 sort -k3,3 ${data}/333.txt > ${data}/333 awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
4 Replies
DEVICE_IDENTIFY(9)					   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					DEVICE_IDENTIFY(9)

NAME
DEVICE_IDENTIFY -- identify a device, register it SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/bus.h> void DEVICE_IDENTIFY(driver_t *driver, device_t parent); DESCRIPTION
The identify function for a device is only needed for devices on busses that cannot identify their children independently, e.g. the ISA bus. It is used to recognize the device (usually done by accessing non-ambiguous registers in the hardware) and to tell the kernel about it and thus creating a new device instance. BUS_ADD_CHILD(9) is used to register the device as a child of the bus. The device's resources (such as IRQ and I/O ports) are registered with the kernel by calling bus_set_resource() for each resource (refer to bus_set_resource(9) for more information). Since the device tree and the device driver tree are disjoint, the DEVICE_IDENTIFY() routine needs to take this into account. If you load and unload your device driver that has the identify routine, the child node has the potential for adding the same node multiple times unless specific measure are taken to preclude that possibility. EXAMPLES
The following pseudo-code shows an example of a function that probes for a piece of hardware and registers it and its resource (an I/O port) with the kernel. void foo_identify(driver_t *driver, device_t parent) { device_t child; retrieve_device_information; if (devices matches one of your supported devices && not already in device tree) { child = BUS_ADD_CHILD(parent, 0, "foo", -1); bus_set_resource(child, SYS_RES_IOPORT, 0, FOO_IOADDR, 1); } } SEE ALSO
BUS_ADD_CHILD(9), bus_set_resource(9), device(9), device_add_child(9), DEVICE_ATTACH(9), DEVICE_DETACH(9), DEVICE_PROBE(9), DEVICE_SHUTDOWN(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Alexander Langer <alex@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 13, 2004 BSD