Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i su automaticaly in same server with different username and same password? Post 302949194 by Dew on Wednesday 8th of July 2015 02:55:43 AM
Old 07-08-2015
I want to give password at first time and after that it should not ask for password for different username as password will be same for other users that i already given at first SU

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirecting password as username for rlogin

Is the following even possible ? by echo $3, I mean enter password when prompted for it. My main issue is that it would deal with a prompted password, which is passed from the command line like this: ./processing serverA user password I cannot not use expect here, I heard that was very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seaten
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

3. Solaris

i wanto hardcode password for a username to ssh to a server using script

Dear all i want to ssh to a server via running a shell script with a username and i want to hard code the password for that particular username can u help me please Thank u Naree (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for exporting FS into non global server automaticaly.

Post has been removed. Prakash K :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i hide username/password

hi all, i run sqlplus command on unix(HP-UX) like "sqlplus username/password@serverA @deneme.sql" but when someone run "ps -ef | grep sqlplus", it can see my username and password :( How can i hide username and password. thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

input username and password interactively

Hi guys, I am using Solaris 10 and we install IBM OnDemand server there. there's a command called arsload that we use to load document and query document too. I need to write a script to query document but when querying document, this command prompt for username then password. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markthien
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Regarding NFS server username/password authentication

Hi; I had set up NFS server in one ubuntu box and mounted few directories using it. In order to access those directories across the network i m using j-ftp(an open source java network client) from other boxes in the same network.I am able to view my mounted directories in the server through it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you reset username/password

Picked up a 3b2 running System V. Works fine, but it requires a username and password. Is the username "root" or "sysadm"? How do I find out and how to I reset it or bypass it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRuNomad
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to log in SFTP server [with username, password]

Hi, everyone, I am trying to write a script to login automatically using username and password to an sftp server (the key authentication has been disabled so I cannot use that method). I tried to search online for a solution and found a way using "expect" but my boss does not want me to use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: warmboy610
4 Replies
Authen::Simple::DBI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Authen::Simple::DBI(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::DBI - Simple DBI authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::DBI; my $dbi = Authen::Simple::DBI->new( dsn => 'dbi:SQLite:dbname=database.db', statement => 'SELECT password FROM users WHERE username = ?' ); if ( $dbi->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Apache::DBI PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::DBI PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleDBI_dsn "dbi:SQLite:dbname=database.db" PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleDBI_statement "SELECT password FROM users WHERE username = ?" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::DBI AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
DBI authentication. METHODS
* new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: * dsn Database Source Name. Required. dsn => 'dbi:SQLite:dbname=database.db' dsn => 'dbi:mysql:database=database;host=localhost;' * statement SQL statement. The statement must take a single string argument (username) and return a single value (password). Required. statement => 'SELECT password FROM users WHERE username = ?' * username Database username. username => 'username' * password Database password. password => 'secret' * log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::DBI') * authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple. Authen::Simple::Password. DBI. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "ch@ngmedia.com" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-02-29 Authen::Simple::DBI(3pm)