Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Self made monitoring application Post 302949154 by bakunin on Tuesday 7th of July 2015 02:30:26 PM
Old 07-07-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustrated1
As its all pretty much ksh scripts on top of some of freeware I mentioned, it's not encoded / packaged so I'm not sure how to go about things even if there was interest.
As it is i work mainly with AIX where a ksh (actually ksh88) is the systems default shell. If you want to test the application under this OS or need help making sure it runs there contact me. I'd volunteer to help you.

bakunin

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing Monitoring Application

Hi there, I'm a newbie to using Solaris. I need to test an existing application that is monitoring applications/processes of its health and state. My task is to see if the application is doing the monitoring correctly. Everything is very new to me... please suggest some ideas of how I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is there any way to find any changes made to a directory?

Hi groupies. Is there any way to find any changes made to a directory? Changes are adding a file to the directory or removing a file. That is, I need to get the name of the file which is added or removed. For adding, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokmeti
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Help - Made a serious admin error

Hello, I am a newbie to Unix administration (specifically Solaris 9). I have everything setup properly for auditing but I neglected to realize I needed to start a new logfile each week. Thus the one logfile grew to about 2.5GB before the auditreduce command could no longer process the file. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtbates
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to : Identify changes made with root ?

Thanks Avklinux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avklinux
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check the changes made to file in vi

Hi, I use vi editor in Unix. Is there any way if we can know that what change was made to the file opened in vi before quitting? As i opened a huge file made some changes yesterday and didnt save it. Today when i was quitting the vi , i came to know that some changes are made(as i got... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
6 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Fix a change I made

I made a change in either my my User Control Panel or Miscelleneous. I may have switched to a mobile format. This is what I do NOT want. Dropbox - NotWhatIWant.png This is how I would like to returned to. Dropbox - WhatIWant.png (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)