Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO FATAL BOOT ERROR: Can’t load stage 3 Post 302949118 by BernP on Tuesday 7th of July 2015 11:05:10 AM
Old 07-07-2015
Yes indeed. That is what I have done.
Unfortunately /stand cannot be fsck'd and cannot be mounted.
Microlite says it cannot initialise it either.
My thought is to recreate the whole HD - like mkdev hd?
But would value your thoughts on this route and if possible a basic plan I should follow.
Microlite did "see" the 2 other data disks as c0b0t1d0s0 and c0b0t2d0s0 but said these were unknown entities as far as it is concerned.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: fatal error

dear all , iam trying to compile a progam using gcc compiler on a sun 280 R machine running solaris 9 . iam getting an error in the last step when the compiler tries to link the objects , although the compiler executes some applicarions that contains no objects smoothly, the error that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot loader problem - can't load linux

Hi i have both Linux and Windows XP on my PC. i used to use grub as a boot loader and everything was perfect, until i reinstalled Windows. apparently, Windows installer installed its own bootloader, that doesn't recognize Linux. i tried using a tool called GrubInstaller for Windows, and now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shx2
4 Replies

3. Programming

Fatal Error

Hi, I just pulled out my code from source control, then I compiled, the compilation is successful at that time. Then I modified one of the source file, Then I compiled, I got the following error ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ../../CM/bin/cato Before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot-up failure: (Can't load swapgeneric)

zero experience Unix user here. Cannot boot our Sparc10. Running: SunOS release 5.3 Version Generic_Patch message says: (Can't load swapgeneric) Program terminated Tried to 'boot -s' , but this looks like a problem w/ Generic_Patch maybe? At bootup, the devices come up fine and it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: man_of_action
0 Replies

5. Solaris

boot load failed

I modified the partitions on my Solaris 10 disk using format command in "boot cdrom -s" mode and then tried rebooting with "reboot". It said "Boot load failed". Why does this happen? I have faced this error before:( and I went in for a fresh installation of the OS.Can anyone tell me the reason as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

6. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 won't boot up "Cannot load drivers for /pci@400.....

This is the error message that I am getting on a Solaris 10 sparc server scsi: no major number cannot load drivers for /pci@400..... Can't load the root filesystem Type 'go' to resume {0} ok Is there a way for me to correct this issue. It looks like I am missing a scsi driver to boot up... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trinityforce
5 Replies

8. Solaris

FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled

Dear all, I Need your help,my server v240 with sun solaris 10 can't remote login.I try conncet via rsc and then go to OK prom....and i get the status : {1} ok boot -a FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled {1} ok boot cdrom -s FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
fsck.ocfs2(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						     fsck.ocfs2(8)

NAME
fsck.ocfs2 - Check an OCFS2 file system. SYNOPSIS
fsck.ocfs2 [ -fFGnuvVy ] [ -b superblock block ] [ -B block size ] device DESCRIPTION
fsck.ocfs2 is used to check an OCFS2 file system. device is the file where the file system is stored (e.g. /dev/sda1). It will almost always be a device file but a regular file will work as well. OPTIONS
-b superblock block Normally, fsck.ocfs2 will read the superblock from the first block of the device. This option specifies an alternate block that the superblock should be read from. (Use -r instead of this option.) -B blocksize The block size, specified in bytes, can range from 512 to 4096. A value of 0, the default, is used to indicate that the blocksize should be automatically detected. -D Optimize directories in filesystem. This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to coalesce the directory entries in order to improve the filesys- tem performance. -f Force checking even if the file system is clean. -F By default fsck.ocfs2 will check with the cluster services to ensure that the volume is not in-use (mounted) on any node in the cluster before proceeding. -F skips this check and should only be used when it can be guaranteed that the volume is not mounted on any node in the cluster. WARNING: If the cluster check is disabled and the volume is mounted on one or more nodes, file system cor- ruption is very likely. If unsure, do not use this option. -G Usually fsck.ocfs2 will silently assume inodes whose generation number does not match the generation number of the super block are unused inodes. This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to ask the user if these inodes should in fact be marked unused. -n Give the 'no' answer to all questions that fsck will ask. This guarantees that the file system will not be modified and the device will be opened read-only. The output of fsck.ocfs2 with this option can be redirected to produce a record of a file system's faults. -r backup-number mkfs.ocfs2 makes upto 6 backup copies of the superblock at offsets 1G, 4G, 16G, 64G, 256G and 1T depending on the size of the vol- ume. Use this option to specify the backup, 1 thru 6, to use to recover the superblock. -y Give the 'yes' answer to all questions that fsck will ask. This will repair all faults that fsck.ocfs2 finds but will not give the operator a chance to intervene if fsck.ocfs2 decides that it wants to drastically repair the file system. -v This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to produce a very large amount of debugging output. -V Print version information and exit. EXIT CODE
The exit code returned by fsck.ocfs2 is the sum of the following conditions: 0 - No errors 1 - File system errors corrected 2 - File system errors corrected, system should be rebooted 4 - File system errors left uncorrected 8 - Operational error 16 - Usage or syntax error 32 - fsck.ocfs2 canceled by user request 128 - Shared library error SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) debugfs.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation. This man page entry derives some text, especially the exit code summary, from e2fsck(8) by Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.4.3 February 2010 fsck.ocfs2(8)