Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process a file for line count using for loop in awk Post 302949043 by rossi on Monday 6th of July 2015 11:11:26 AM
Old 07-06-2015
Thanks Fraklin and Aia,

It works, I will try to understand the logic of doing these tasks in the future.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the line count from 2nd line of the file ?

Hi, I want to get the line count of the file from the 2nd line of the file ? The first line is header so want to skip that. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smc3
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: sort lines by count of a character or string in a line

I want to sort lines by how many times a string occurs in each line (the most times first). I know how to do this in two passes (add a count field in the first pass then sort on it in the second pass). However, can it be done more optimally with a single AWK command? My AWK has improved... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file line by line and process the line to generate another file

Hi, i have file which contains data as below(Only sample shown, it may contain more data similar to the one shown here) i need to read this file line by line and generate an output file like the one below i.e based on N value the number of MSISDNs will vary, if N=1 then the following... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read a text file line by line & process it...

Hi , I am trying to write an shell, which reads a text file (from a location) having a list of numbers of strictly 5 digits only ex: 33144 Now my script will check : 1) that each entry is only 5 digits & numeric only, no alphabets, & its not empty. 2)then it executes a shell script called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_to_shell
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF awk in a while read line-loop

Hi As a newbe in scripting, i struggle hard with my first script. What i want to do is, bringing data of two files together. file1: .... 05/14/12-04:00:00 41253 4259 5135 5604 5812 5372 05/14/12-04:10:00 53408 5501 6592 7402 7354 6639 05/14/12-04:20:00 58748 6037 7292 8223... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count start and end keyword in a line

Hello fellow awkers and seders: need to figure out a way to ensure a software deployment has completed by checking its trace file in which I can store the deployment results as follows: echo $testvar ===== Summary - Deploy Result - Start ===== ===== Summary - Deploy Result - End =====... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ux4me
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line by line from live log file using while loop and considering only those lines start from

Hi, I want to read a live log file line by line and considering those line which start from time stamp; Below code I am using, which read line but throws an exception when comparing line that does not contain error code tail -F /logs/COMMON-ERROR.log | while read myline; do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
2 Replies

8. Programming

awk to count occurrence of strings and loop for multiple columns

Hi all, If i would like to process a file input as below: col1 col2 col3 ...col100 1 A C E A ... 3 D E G A 5 T T A A 6 D C A G how can i perform a for loop to count the occurences of letters in each column? (just like uniq -c ) in every column. on top of that, i would also like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iling14
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop in process each file

Hi I have following codecd /tmp/test/ for vfile in `ls -1` do for vlink in `ls -l /tmp/testfile/*|bin/grep "local/init\.d/$vfile$"|bin/awk -F"->" '{print($1)}'|bin/awk -F"/" '{print($NF)}'` I know `ls -1` list only file, but I don't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
3 Replies
SRUN_CR(1)							 slurm components							SRUN_CR(1)

NAME
srun_cr - run parallel jobs with checkpoint/restart support SYNOPSIS
srun_cr [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
The design of srun_cr is inspired by mpiexec_cr from MVAPICH2 and cr_restart form BLCR. It is a wrapper around the srun command to enable batch job checkpoint/restart support when used with SLURM's checkpoint/blcr plugin. OPTIONS
The srun_cr execute line options are identical to those of the srun command. See "man srun" for details. DETAILS
After initialization, srun_cr registers a thread context callback function. Then it forks a process and executes "cr_run --omit srun" with its arguments. cr_run is employed to exclude the srun process from being dumped upon checkpoint. All catchable signals except SIGCHLD sent to srun_cr will be forwarded to the child srun process. SIGCHLD will be captured to mimic the exit status of srun when it exits. Then srun_cr loops waiting for termination of tasks being launched from srun. The step launch logic of SLURM is augmented to check if srun is running under srun_cr. If true, the environment variable SURN_SRUN_CR_SOCKET should be present, the value of which is the address of a Unix domain socket created and listened to be srun_cr. After launching the tasks, srun tires to connect to the socket and sends the job ID, step ID and the nodes allocated to the step to srun_cr. Upon checkpoint, srun_cr checks to see if the tasks have been launched. If not srun_cr first forwards the checkpoint request to the tasks by calling the SLURM API slurm_checkpoint_tasks() before dumping its process context. Upon restart, srun_cr checks to see if the tasks have been previously launched and checkpointed. If true, the environment variable SLURM_RESTART_DIR is set to the directory of the checkpoint image files of the tasks. Then srun is forked and executed again. The envi- ronment variable will be used by the srun command to restart execution of the tasks from the previous checkpoint. COPYING
Copyright (C) 2009 National University of Defense Technology, China. Produced at National University of Defense Technology, China (cf, DISCLAIMER). CODE-OCEC-09-009. All rights reserved. This file is part of SLURM, a resource management program. For details, see <http://www.schedmd.com/slurmdocs/>. SLURM is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SLURM is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. SEE ALSO
srun(1) srun_cr 2.0 March 2009 SRUN_CR(1)