Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pattern replacing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern replacing Post 302949007 by Don Cragun on Monday 6th of July 2015 02:03:05 AM
Old 07-06-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aia
Try and see if does what you want.
Code:
perl -pe 's/(?:9\d(?<![0-8]\d)\.\d+|(?<!\S)9\d|100)%/"$&"/g' file

That doesn't quote either of the following in my sample input file:
Code:
100.00000000% 100.00%

which both seem to meet the stated requirements.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing pattern in variable

My String variable is holding value as - abc"def I want to replce " with \" I tried with awk : echo $var | awk '{gsub(/"/,"\"");print}' and I am getting an error, `)' is not expected. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a pattern in a file

Hi guys, i have a pattern that i am searching in a file and i want to extract some of this pattern ... module TS1N65ULPA96X32M4 ( .... i want to extract only TS1N65ULPA96X32M4 part and i do the following sed 's/module \(x*\).*/\1/' name_of_file but this is not quite right. could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all except for the matching pattern

Hi all I need to replace all characters in a file except for the matching pattern eg. I need to replace all character with '*' except for the pattern "abc" Input "sdfhgsdf abc ##%$#abcsdfh sdfjkfff" Output "******abc******abc*************" Request for single liner solution (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav288
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing between pattern

Hi all, I been searching the forum for a few hours now and can't find exactly what I need to replace text between two patterns. Below is what I want to accomplish /* Any text between these to sympols */ changed to.... /* This will be the new text to change */ ..and I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauky
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern using variable?

ip1="xxx" ip2="bbb" sed 's/$ip1/$ip2/g' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivarajM
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing pattern

Hi, I have a file which contains the below data. I want to change pattern to correct format. # tail -1 test.log | awk '{print $8}' 10/09/23 # I want the format to be 23/09/10 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing pattern

Hi, I have a file which contains the below data. I want to search for a pattern server="http://bushby.mis.amat.com:12440" and remove it from the file. Please let me know how can i do this. <Object name="reverse-proxy-/endeavour/"> ObjectType fn="http-client-config" timeout="1800"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing pattern

hi, I want to do replacing of some pattern by using sed. pattern : " white space / to white space / please help -bhrat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhrat kapoor
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern in different cases in different columns with a single pattern

Hi All I am having pipe seperated inputs like Adam|PeteR|Josh|PEter Nick|Rave|Simon|Paul Steve|smith|PETER|Josh Andrew|Daniel|StAlin|peter Rick|PETer|ADam|RAVE i want to repleace all the occurrence of peter (in any case pattern PeteR,PEter,PETER,peter,PETer) with Peter so that output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file

i have little challenge, help me out.i have a file where i have a value declared and and i have to replace the value when called. for example i have the value for abc and ccc. now i have to substitute the value of value abc and ccc in the place of them. Input File: go to &abc=ddd; if... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
16 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)