Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concat String with variable after a 'grep' and awk Post 302948926 by chercheur111 on Saturday 4th of July 2015 10:44:39 AM
Old 07-04-2015
You are right. it works on the other machine because i have done a copy/paste of the content of DetailsWorkers.txt and not scp the file.

But,

i haven't used windows platform at all. The file DetailsWorkers.txt is generated by a script shell on linux
i think that there is a hidden charactar in the file DetailsWorkers.txt!!! not ?
Bests

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

concat string

hey, I want to concat whole bunch of strings together but somehow they don't turn out the way I want them to a="HELLO " b="WORLD " c=$a$b I was expecting c to be "HELLO WORLD " but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

2. Programming

simple question on string concat

This is a simple question... char *str = NULL; int num = 0; scanf ("%d", &num); str = ??? I want str to point to the string num.txt For e.g: If user enters num = 5, str should point to "5.txt" How do I do that ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String concat that keeps quotes

Hi All, I hope you can help. i am concatenating String variables using the following method. command="$command$x" i have created a script which takes a set of args passed to the script using the $* #example script args=$* count=0 for x in $args do count=`expr $count + 1` ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using GREP to extract variable following a string

Hello, I'm running calculations and I need to extract a specific number from a output file. So far I've only been able to GREP entire lines containing the string: '1 F=' . I would like to go a step further and extract just the number following '1 F='. The entire line looks like: 1 F=... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: modey3
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Concat

Hi All this may be somewhere in internet , but couldnt find the it. i have file as abc01 2010-07-01 12:45:24 2010-07-01 12:54:35 abc02 2010-07-01 12:59:24 2010-07-01 01:05:13 abc03 . . . the output using awk should look like this abc01|2010-07-01 12:45:24|2010-07-01 12:54:35... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: using a string variable in grep

Hi, I've been stuck for several days on this. Using grep on a command line, I can use quotes, eg... grep 'pattern of several words' filename I want to do this in my bash script. In my script I have captured the several command line arguments (eg arg1 arg2) into a variable: variable=$@ I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrian777uk
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep exact string with quotes and variable?

As the title says I'm running a korn script in attempts to find an exact match in named.conf finddomain.ksh #!/bin/ksh # echo "********** named.conf ************" file=/var/named/named.conf for domain in `cat $1` do grep -n '"\$domain "' $file done echo "********** thezah.inc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djzah
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to find string in Variable in file2

Hi , I am executing 2 queries and output is saved in file1.txt and file2.txt example of file1.txt Testing word Doc.docx,/Lab/Development and Validation/Multitest/MT_010708/Testing,Development and Validation,root,11-Mar-2014,,,,, Testing Excel _.xlsx,/Lab/Development and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunil Mathapati
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python concat list with a string variable

Hello! #!/usr/bin/env python hn = "simsa-svr" for container in containerslist: Name = container I want to print Name along with hn i,e simsa-svr. I tried like Name = container'-'.join(hn) did not work. Needed result: lilly2232321-simsa-svr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep a sub-string from a string stored in a variable.

For example: I am grepping "Hello" from a file and there are 10 matches. So all ten lines with match will get stored into a variable($match). Now I want to ignore those lines which have "Hi" present in that. Currently I tried this: match = grep "Hello" file | grep -v "Hi" file But that's not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan
2 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)