Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora /var/log/btmp size 2.2Gb daily Post 302948842 by RudiC on Friday 3rd of July 2015 01:24:15 AM
Old 07-03-2015
As a first step you might want to use "Whois" found under "Quick Links" in the top toolbar of this forum.

Last edited by RudiC; 07-03-2015 at 09:51 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File size exceeding 2GB

I am working on HP-Unix. I have a 600 MB file in compressed form. During decompression, when file size reaches 2GB, decompression aborts. What should be done? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nadeem Mistry
3 Replies

2. Solaris

SUN Solaris 9 - Is there a 2GB file size limit?

Hi I am using SUN/Solaris 9 and I was told that some unix versions have 2GB size limit. Does this applies to SUN/Solaris 9? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAX file size limited to 2GB

Hi All, We are running HP rp7400 box with hpux 11iv1. Recently, we changed 3 kernel parameters a) msgseg from 32560 to 32767 b) msgmnb from 65536 to 65535 c) msgssz from 128 to 256 Then we noticed that all application debug file size increase upto 2GB then it stops. So far we did not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

4. Solaris

sometime /var/adm/messages size 0

Hi experts, sometimes i notice in my Solaris 9 /var/adm/messages size 0. It continues for 1/2 days then again /var/adm/messages is start filling up with logs!!! What could be reason behind it. and if its a problem what could be the solution. //purple (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

5. SuSE

grow /var size how

Hi all, I am using SLES 9 and have following partitions mounted I would like to make /var 10G atleast. fdisk -l This system is doing RAID5(HW). Can someone help me with this issue? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

6. Solaris

diff b/w /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

hi sirs can u tell the difference between /var/log/syslogs and /var/adm/messages in my working place i am having two servers. in one servers messages file is empty and syslog file is going on increasing.. and in another servers message file is going on increasing but syslog file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Linux Centos 5.4 BTMP file size

Dear fellows, I have Centos 5.4 linux with DNS server, all logs are normal, in my /var/log/ btmp files is getting larger day by day. What is this btmp file for? How can i reduce the file siez or control file size. Waiting. MAZ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maz
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Difference between /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

Hi, Is the contents in /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages are same?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

2GB file size limit

Greetings, I'm attempting to dump a filesystem from a RHEL5 Linux server to a VXFS filesystem on an HP-UX server. The VXFS filesystem is large file enabled and I've confirmed that I can copy/scp a file >2GB to the filesystem. # fsadm -F vxfs /os_dumps largefiles # mkfs -F vxfs -m... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkimura
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog

I have been searching and reading about syslog. I would like to know how to Transfer the logs being thrown into /var/log/messages into another file example /var/log/volumelog. tail -f /var/log/messages dblogger: msg_to_dbrow: no logtype using missing dblogger: msg_to_dbrow_str: val ==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
DtPrintFillSetupData(library call)										DtPrintFillSetupData(library call)

NAME
DtPrintFillSetupData -- obtains X printer connection information SYNOPSIS
#include <Print.h> XtEnum DtPrintFillSetupData( Widget wid, DtPrintSetupData* print_data); DESCRIPTION
The DtPrintFillSetupData function obtains an X printer connection in order to initiate an X printing job in situations other than direct interaction with a DtPrintSetupBox. Examples of such situations include a "quick print" button on a toolbar and "GUI-less" printing. This X printer connection information can be obtained from an existing DtPrintSetupBox widget instance, or if a DtPrintSetupBox widget instance is unavailable, DtPrintFillSetupData will provide a new X printer connection. A print job is typically initiated when the user selects the "Print" button from within a DtPrintSetupBox widget instance. Applications may wish to provide additional avenues for the user to initiate a print job, namely a "Quick Print" toolbar button, or a command line parameter to allow "GUI-less" printing, such as from within a desktop action. DtPrintFillSetupData is designed to provide an X printer connection in a manner consistent with DtPrintSetupBox. For both the "Quick Print" and "GUI-less" cases, the caller may set the printer_name element of the passed print_data in order to specify the destination X printer. DtPrintFillSetupData will treat the passed printer_name as if the user had typed the printer name into the Printer Name text field of the DtPrintSetupBox. The printer_name will be verified, and an X printer connection will be established. The returned printer_name may be a fully qualified version of the passed printer_name as a result of the printer verification process. For a description of this process, see the DtNverifyPrinterProc resource description in DtPrintSetupBox(3). If DtPrintFillSetupData returns a new printer_name, it will free the passed printer_name by calling XtFree. For the "Quick Print" button case, DtPrintFillSetupData is intended to be used with an existing DtPrintSetupBox instance, so that the "Quick Print" button behaves as if the user had brought up a DtPrintSetupBox, selected a printer as indicated by printer_name, and acti- vated the "Print" button. The following conditions apply to this case: o The wid parameter should be set to the widget ID of the DtPrintSetupBox instance. DtPrintFillSetupData will fill the passed print_data structure similarly to how DtPrintSetupBox fills out the print_data element of the DtPrintSetupCallbackStruct passed as call data to the DtNprintCallback list. The only exception is that when using DtPrintFillSetupData it is the caller's responsibility to free the allocated memory locations pointed to by the print_data structure by calling DtPrintFreeSetupData. o The X printer connection returned is managed by the DtPrintSetupBox. The caller should not destroy the print context, nor close the print display connection. o The DtPrintSetupBox widget instance passed via wid does not have to have been managed prior to calling DtPrintFillSetupData. o If the passed printer_name is NULL, the current printer as indicated by the DtNprinterName resource will be used, and returned in printer_name. If the passed printer_name is a different printer than indicated by the current value of the DtNprinterName resource, the resource will be updated. o The destination and dest_info elements of the passed print_data will be set according to the current state of the passed DtPrintSe- tupBox. If dest_info is set when passed to DtPrintFillSetupData, DtPrintFillSetupData will free the memory by calling XtFree if it decides to update If dest_info. o If a connection cannot be established, the DtPrintSetupBox will automatically be managed, displaying an error message box. After dis- missing the message box, the user can select a new printer and restart the print operation, if desired. For the "GUI-less" case, DtPrintFillSetupData is intended to provide an X printer connection, in a manner consistent with an X printer con- nection established by DtPrintSetupBox, without actually creating a DtPrintSetupBox. The following conditions apply to this case: o The passed wid must be set to NULL. o The X printer connection returned is managed by the caller, which means that the caller must destroy the print context (via XpDe- stroyContext) and close the print display connection (via XCloseDisplay). o If printer_name is set to NULL, DtPrintFillSetupData will determine a default printer, using the same procedure as DtPrintSetupBox, and set the printer_name field to this default printer name upon return. o The destination and dest_info elements of the passed print_data structure will be ignored by DtPrintFillSetupData. o The caller can free the allocated memory locations pointed to by the returned print_data structure by calling DtPrintFreeSetupData. ARGUMENTS
wid The widget ID of a DtPrintSetupBox or NULL, if no DtPrintSetupBox is available. print_data A pointer to an existing DtPrintSetupData structure that DtPrintFillSetupData will update with valid X printer connection infor- mation. See DtPrintSetupBox(3) for the definition of the DtPrintSetupData structure. RETURN VALUE
DtPRINT_SUCCESS The X printer connection was successfully obtained. DtPRINT_INVALID_DISPLAY The indicated X print server could not be found. DtPRINT_NOT_XP_DISPLAY The indicated X server does not support the X Printing Extension. DtPRINT_NO_PRINTER The indicated printer could not be found on the X print server, or a default printer could not be determined. DtPRINT_BAD_PARM The value passed for print_data is NULL, or the value of the DtNprintSetupMode resource for wid is not DtPRINT_SETUP_XP. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
None. RESOURCES
None. ACTIONS
/MESSAGES None. ERRORS
/WARNINGS None. EXAMPLES
None. FILES
None. SEE ALSO
DtPrintCopySetupData(3), DtPrintSetupBox(3), DtPrintFreeSetupData(3) DtPrintFillSetupData(library call)