Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Cannot see disks while tryin to install CentOS 7 Post 302948742 by bakunin on Thursday 2nd of July 2015 02:38:44 AM
Old 07-02-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by nypreH
I am new in CentOS, can you please let me know how I can load drivers so it would be loaded before installation begins?
Nothing different to any other Linux here: use modprode and lsmod to find out which modules are loaded or load them respectively.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

X-Windows,Install Shield on CentOS

I have a fresh install of CentOS 5.2. I need to install a commercial package that uses InstallShield. Every time I run the installation program, it gives me an error that tells me it can't open an xwindows window. The system autoboots into Gnome. I open a new xterm window by typing xterm in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreywpearson
0 Replies

2. Linux

Centos 5 install. Partion order

I can't control the partion order during install. For example i need. hda5 /var 1GB hda6 /opt 2GB I created them in such order but OS adjust them to hda5 /opt 2GB hda6 /var 1GB It is frustrating during install, I pretty sure I can order the partion as i like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Mirorr Solaris 10 5/09 root disks at install time

I'm going to install a fresh Solaris 10 5/09 install on a UFS on a server with 2 disks attached to a SCSI controller and i want to mirror those disks at install time is there any to do this , As far as i know Jump start and live upgrade are the sole way to do this , is there anyways except... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Questions About RHEL 6, CentOS 5.5 download and install

Hi, I have some questions about RHEL and CentOS download and installation. (1) Is RHEL6.0 x86_64 beta downloaded from Red Hat site working fine? (2) Where to download CentOS 5.5 DVD iso without using BitTorrent? (3) What are the differences between these two images - CentOS 5.5 i386 and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install vim on centos

i typed this command it shows -bash: up2date: command not found how to install it? how to copy the code to the VI editor when i access my server with secureCRT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: runeveryday
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to install centos 5.5 using Raid In Virtualbox

Im have Oracle Virtualbox and vmware workstation How can i Add2 HDD in Vmware or Virtualbox and Install centos Using Raid Configuration Please give me Tutorial step by Step .. Thanks in Advance In Virtualbox there is SAS Hard disk So shall i Use it ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

During install error centos 5.8

Hi i am getting the following error while i try to install OS from my repo " unable to read group information from repositories this is a problem with the generation of your install tree " guide me any one (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can someone Help install CentOS

Hello, I'm new to this Unix OS. I need help and guide to how to install this: Server requirements / Installation OS: CentOS6 / EXT4 SWAP: 16 GB (system level) Just show me the walk through by using centos manual install. Thanks, mimic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mimic51
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I install a OpenVPN in CentOS?

Hi, I have looked at different tutorials across the net on how to install a OpenVPN in Linux CentOS but I can't understand any of the instructions given. So I typed myself some step-by-step instructions that I do understand. This is the type of simplified instructions I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheCorporation
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to install Xrdp in Centos.?

Hi, I want to install the Xrdp in Centos for taking remote session of centos server from Windows machine. could you please help me for this ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
6 Replies
re(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     re(7)

NAME
re - SWXCR RAID interface SYNOPSIS
2100 Server Model A500MP DEC SWXCR controller xcrn at * vector xcintr device disk renn at xcrn drive nn DESCRIPTION
The re driver is for the SWXCR RAID Array controller. The following rules are used to determine the major and minor numbers that are associated with an re type disk. There are two major num- bers used to represent re disks. The major numbers are 11 for block devices and 44 for character (raw) devices. The minor number is used to represent both the unit number and partition. A disk partition refers to a designated portion of the physical disk. To accomplish this reference, the 20-bit minor number is divided into three parts. The lowest six bits of the minor number specify a disk partition. The partitions use a letter, a through h, for their name. The next three bits of the minor number specify the RE unit number for a unit attached to an SWXCR controller. The final 11 bits specify the controller number. The device special file names associated with re disks are based on conventions that are closely associated with the minor number assigned to the disk. The standard device names begin with re for block special files and rre for character (raw) special files. Following the re is the unit number and then a letter, a through h, that represents the partition. Throughout this reference page, the question mark (?) character represents the unit number in the name of the device special file. For example, re?b could represent re0b, re1b, and so on. The unit number can be calculated if the major and minor numbers of an re disk are provided. For example, suppose you have a device spe- cial file rre6a, with a major number of 44 and a minor number of 384. The partition is represented by the lower six bits of the number 384. These lower six bits of the number 384 are 0, which specifies the a partition. The next three bits of the minor number 384 specify the unit number, which is 6. The next eleven bits specify the controller number, which is zero. Putting these three pieces together reveals that the major/minor number pair 44/384 refers to the a partition of unit 6 attached to controller number 0. A disk can be accessed through either the block special file or the character special file. The block special file accesses the disk using the file system's normal buffering mechanism. Reads and writes to the block special file can specify any size. This capability avoids the need to limit data transfers to the size of physical disk records and to calculate offsets within disk records. The file system can break up large read and write requests into smaller fixed size transfers to the disk. The character special file provides a raw interface that allows for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buf- fer. A single read or write to the raw interface results in exactly one I/O operation. Consequently, raw I/O may be considerably more efficient for large transfers. For systems with RE disks, the first software boot after the system is powered on may take longer than expected. This delay is normal and is caused by the software spinning up the RE disks. Disk Support The RE driver handles all disk drives that can be connected to the SWXCR controller. To determine which drives are supported for specific CPU types and hardware configurations, see the Installation and Configuration Guide for the StorageWorks RAID Array 200 Subsystem Family. SWXCR RAID Controllers are viewed in all cases as RE type disks. There are some notable differences that should be taken into considera- tion when configuring a RAID device: Currently only sector sizes of 512 bytes are supported. Logical Volume sizes are not fixed sizes as compared to other disk devices. The size of the Logical Volume is configurable based on needs. The dynamic nature of Logical Volume sizes is dealt with by defining RAID devices as DYNAMIC. Only partitions a, b, c, and g are defined. If necessary, the disklabel(8) command can be run to change and define partitions for RAID devices. Usually, the re?a partition is used for the root file system and the re?b partition as a paging area. The re?c partition can be used for disk-to-disk copying because it maps the entire disk. The starting location and length (in 512 byte sectors) of the disk partitions of each drive are shown in the following table. Partition sizes can be changed by using the disklabel(8) command. SWXCR (RAID) partitions for systems based on the Alpha AXP architecture disk start length re?a 0 131072 re?b 131072 262144 re?c 0 end of media re?d 0 0 re?e 0 0 re?f 0 0 re?g 393216 end of media re?h 0 0 FILES
/dev/re??? /dev/rre??? /etc/disktab RELATED INFORMATION
disklabel(8), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8) delim off re(7)