Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk error when increasing number of files in folder Post 302948674 by RudiC on Wednesday 1st of July 2015 11:14:20 AM
Old 07-01-2015
Please help me out - what's the purpose of
Code:
            ARGV[ARGC++] = FILENAME

?

---------- Post updated at 17:14 ---------- Previous update was at 17:13 ----------

I'm afraid it will blow up your input file list...

---------- Post updated at 18:33 ---------- Previous update was at 17:14 ----------

OK, I've gotten it now. Appends every file name exactly once to the file list, so you work on the file list again when the total No. of duplicate words is found.

Last edited by RudiC; 07-01-2015 at 01:36 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to learn the number of files under a particular folder, containing subfolders

Hi ALL I would like know how many files there under a particular folder, which contains subfolders. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error by renaming all the files in a folder

Hi All, I have a folder name as postscript folder and it contains the following postscript files. package1.ps package2.ps package3.ps when i am renaming all the ps files to xps files by using the following command mv /postscript/*.ps /postscript/*.xps Then i am getting the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix command to cound the number of files in a folder

Hi All Can some one help me out. Please tell the unix command to cound the number of files in a folder. Ungent please# Thanks manas (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing one number in all files using awk

Hi I want to change the number 70 mentioned in my file to 76 by using awk. I know how to change all same digits but not one particular number. I have 29 files almost similar to this. One of my files looks like #Input file for 200K NPT molecular dynamics of final 70%XL made from 58.5%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increasing a number and appending it to next line of a text file

Hi all, I have text file having a number P100. what i need is when i run a script, it should add 1 to the above number and append it to the next line of a same text file.. when i use the script next time it should check the last line and add 1 to the last number and so on.. like the text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop for number of files in a folder

Hi All, Need a for loop which should run for number of files in a folder and should pass the file name as parameter to another shell script for each loop. Please help me. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillblue
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total number of files in the folder should be listed

Hi All, When i give the ls -lrt to list out all files with total number of files , i get the output as ls -lrt total 72 -rw-r--r-- 1 hari staff 796 Jul 11 09:17 va.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 hari staff 169 Jul 13 00:20 a.log -rwxr-xr-x 1 hari staff 659 Aug... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a folder with huge number of files in n folders

We have a folder XYZ with large number of files (>350,000). how can i split the folder and create say 10 of them XYZ1 to XYZ10 with 35,000 files each. (doesnt matter which files go where). (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlokKumbhare
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a loop for multiple files in a folder to run awk command?

Dear folks I have two data set which there names are "final.map" and "1.geno" and look like this structures: final.map: gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2044 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2048 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2187 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 17654 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop awk command on files in a folder

Hi, I'd like to loop an action over all files with given extension within a folder. The "main" action is: awk -F "\t" 'BEGIN{OFS="\t"}{if ($10=="S") print$0; }' input.txt > output.txt The input.txt should be every file in the folder with *.subVCF extension; and the output should be a file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovah
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)