Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: BCP with cat not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers BCP with cat not working Post 302948650 by arunkumar_mca on Wednesday 1st of July 2015 07:56:20 AM
Old 07-01-2015
HI,

I just took over from a script in our application where it is working fine. Don't have my own intention to use the "endOfCat". Not sure how it is working there

Thanks,
Arun

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cat and grep not working

I am trying to cat a file and then grep that file for a number. I can do it fine on other files but this particular file will not do anything. I tried running it on an older file from the same device but it is just not working. The file is nothing more than a flat file on a unix box. Here is just a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jphess
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Cat command not working as expected

I've been trying to figure this out since last night, and I'm just stumped. The last time I did any shell scripting was 8 years ago on a Unix box, and it was never my strong suit. I'm on a Mac running Leopard now. Here's my dilemma - hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I'm... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel M. Clark
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BCP command or module

Hi All, I am trying to bcp in data file into database. now there is bcp command available in unix and another perl module Sybase::BCP is also available. Can anyone please let me know if there is any limitations of bcp command in unix. whichever is good to use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sybase::bcp

I am trying to bcp in using sybase::bcp perl module. I can find we can give user, pwd and server name in the parameters. How can I give database and table name? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bcp command help

Hi, When i execute a script in unix, the result i got is :: ./purgeErrors.ksh: bcp: not found What is the meaning of that output ? --- Aditya (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaditya
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bcp error

hi all, Getting error while working on sybase::bcp as below, DB-Library error: Attempt to convert data stopped by syntax error in source field. Code is like, my $bcp_files = new Sybase::BCP $usr, $pass, $server; ---------- Post updated at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous update... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat command not working to display Mac file in Ubuntu

Hi, Recently I got a .txt file from Mac user. when I try to open it in my Ubuntu machine using cat command it is not displaying any content of file however I can see the content using vi. Anyone know How to see its content using cat as I have to process it in my shell script. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
4 Replies
cat(1)							      General Commands Manual							    cat(1)

Name
       cat - concatenate and print data

Syntax
       cat [ -b ] [ -e ] [ -n ] [ -s ] [ -t ] [ -u ] [ -v ] file...

Description
       The  command reads each file in sequence and displays it on the standard output.  Therefore, to display the file on the standard output you
       type:
       cat file
       To concatenate two files and place the result on the third you type:
       cat file1 file2 > file3
       To concatenate two files and append them to a third you type:
       cat file1 file2 >> file3
       If no input file is given, or if a minus sign (-) is encountered as an argument, reads from the standard input file.  Output is buffered in
       1024-byte blocks unless the standard output is a terminal, in which case it is line buffered.  The utility supports the processing of 8-bit
       characters.

Options
       -b   Ignores blank lines and precedes each output line with its line number.

-e   Displays a dollar sign ($) at the end of each output line.

-n   Precedes all output lines (including blank lines) with line numbers.

-s   Squeezes adjacent blank lines from output and single spaces output.

-t   Displays non-printing characters (including tabs) in output.  In addition to those representations used with the -v  option,  all  tab
	    characters are displayed as ^I.

-u   Unbuffers output.

-v   Displays  non-printing  characters (excluding tabs and newline) as the ^x.	If the character is in the range octal 0177 to octal 0241,
	    it is displayed as M-x. The delete character (octal 0177) displays as ^?.  For example, is displayed as ^X.

See Also
       cp(1), ex(1), more(1), pr(1), tail(1)

cat(1)