Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suse Security Settings
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Suse Security Settings Post 302948613 by alvinoo on Wednesday 1st of July 2015 01:38:36 AM
Old 07-01-2015
Suse Security Settings

1)

PermitEmptyPasswords is set to No

# grep "^PermitEmptyPasswords" /etc/ssh/sshd_config
PermitEmptyPasswords no

If there is no output does it implies '
As parameter was not set mean system will also not accepted emptypassword.'

2)
Users is not allowed to set Environment Options

Code:
# grep PermitUserEnvironment   /etc/ssh/sshd_config

PermitUserEnvironment no

Similiarly if there is no output does it implies that : As the environment was not set mean user restrict from environment option.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 8.0 experts...how come it won't accept changes to security settings??

well after a possible hack last week that was a pain in the as* i have reinstalled and i am setting up my security settings before i connect to the internet this time... problem is that when i try to change the security setting using in the control setting the left panel (where the change is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

SuSe firewall settings

I am trying to set up a home network, with router for internet access All computers, in both windows and Suse 9.3 can get to the internet. Gateway 192.168.2.1 Computers on static IPs 192.168.2.2-5 When I go into Suse, the samba shares can be seen, and used, so that part is working, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadonnaC
0 Replies

3. Solaris

SunSolaris-v5.9: Default Security Settings

I am working on SunSolaris- v5.9 and am trying to obtain default security settings (including password settings). Although in the AIX environment, to obtain default setting the following commands are used: /etc/security/user /etc/security/limits /etc/security/environ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eysheikah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script security policy settings for linux

The pro help! Write a shell script setup for linux security policies include: 1. login (username and password login). 2. add, delete your username and password. 3. firewall. Note: Write a shell script file as follows: If login successful then Step 2. If step 2 succeeds (ie add,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ngovuongbinhtay
1 Replies

5. AIX

default settings of security password in AIX

Hi Guy's Just I want to know the default settings of security password in AIX there is some changes happened in my machine when I try to change my password I'm getting this message Changing password for "root" root's New password: a minimum of 1 elapsed week between changes.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password security Suse 11

hi guys Suse 11 SP x64 I want to set a password policy but I am unable to get it working I have this under /etc/pam.d/common-password password requisite pam_pwcheck.so nullok cracklib password required pam_unix2.so use_authtok nullok I tried the last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies
Config::Model::Backend::Augeas(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Config::Model::Backend::Augeas(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::Backend::Augeas - Read and write config data through Augeas SYNOPSIS
# model specification with augeas backend { config_class_name => 'OpenSsh::Sshd', # try Augeas and fall-back with custom method read_config => [ { backend => 'augeas' , file => '/etc/ssh/sshd_config', # declare "seq" Augeas elements sequential_lens => [/AcceptEnv AllowGroups [etc]/], }, { backend => 'custom' , # dir hardcoded in custom class class => 'Config::Model::Sshd' } ], # write_config will be written using read_config specifications element => ... } DESCRIPTION
This class provides a way to load or store configuration data through Config::Augeas. This way, the structure and commments of the original configuration file will preserved. To use Augeas as a backend, you must specify the following "read_config" parameters: backend Use "augeas" (or "Augeas")in this case. save Either "backup" or "newfile". See "Constructor" in Config::Augeas for details. file Name of the configuration file. sequential_lens This one is tricky. Set to one when new Augeas list or hash node must be created for each new list or hash element. See "Sequential lens" for details. For instance: read_config => [ { backend => 'augeas' , save => 'backup', file => '/etc/ssh/sshd_config', # declare "seq" Augeas elements sequential_lens => [/AcceptEnv AllowGroups/], }, ], Sequential lens Some configuration files feature data that must be written as list or as hash. Depending on the syntax, Augeas list or hash lenses can be written so that new "container" nodes are required for each new element. For instance, "HostKey" lines can be repeated several times in "sshd_config". Since Augeas must keep track of these several lines, Augeas tree will be written like: /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/HostKey[1] /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/HostKey[2] /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/HostKey[3] and not: /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/HostKey/1 /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/HostKey/2 /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/HostKey/3 The "HostKey" node is created several times. A new hostkey must be added with the following syntax: /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/HostKey[4] and not: /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/HostKey/4 So the "HostKey" lens is sequential. The situation is more complex when syntax allow repeated values on several lines. Like: AcceptEnv LC_PAPER LC_NAME LC_ADDRESS AcceptEnv LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_ALL Augeas will have this tree: /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/AcceptEnv[1]/1 /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/AcceptEnv[1]/2 /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/AcceptEnv[1]/3 /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/AcceptEnv[2]/4 /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/AcceptEnv[2]/5 Note that the first index between squarekeeps track of how are grouped the "AcceptEnv" data, but the real list index is after the slash. Augeas does not require new elements to create "AcceptEnv[3]". A new element can be added as : /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/AcceptEnv[2]/6 So this lens is not sequential. The same kind of trouble occurs with hash elements. Some hashes tree are like: /files/etc/foo/my_hash/my_key1 /files/etc/foo/my_hash/my_key2 Others are like: /files/etc/foo/my_hash[1]/my_key1 /files/etc/foo/my_hash[2]/my_key2 Note that a list-like index is used with the hash key. This also depends on the syntax of the configuration file. For instance, "Subsystem" in "sshd_config" can be : Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server Subsystem fooftp /usr/lib/openssh/fooftp-server Subsystem barftp /usr/lib/openssh/barftp-server This (unvalid) sshd configuration is represented by: /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/Subsystem[1]/sftp /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/Subsystem[2]/fooftp /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/Subsystem[3]/barftp Any new Subsystem must be added with: /files/etc/ssh/sshd_config/Subsystem[4]/bazftp In this case, the hash is also sequential. For these examples, the augeas backend declaration must feature: sequential_lens => [qw/HostKey Subsystem/], Augeas backend limitation The structure and element names of the Config::Model tree must match the structure defined in Augeas lenses. I.e. the order of the element declared in Config::Model must match the order required by Augeas lenses. Sometimes, the structure of a file loaded by Augeas starts directly with a list of items. For instance "/etc/hosts" structure starts with a list of lines that specify hosts and IP addresses. The "set_in" parameter specifies an element name in Config::Model root class that will hold the configuration data retrieved by Augeas. Log and trace This module use Log::Log4perl to log debug and info trace with "Data::Read" and "Data::Write" categories. CAVEATS
o Augeas "#comment" nodes are ignored SEE ALSO
o http://augeas.net/ : Augeas project page o Config::Model o Augeas mailing list: http://augeas.net/developers.html o Config::Model mailing list : http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=155650 AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, <ddumont at cpan dot org@<gt> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2010 by Dominique Dumont LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the LGPL terms. perl v5.14.2 2012-07-10 Config::Model::Backend::Augeas(3pm)