Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete line by pattern match in column Post 302948559 by Roozo on Tuesday 30th of June 2015 12:12:33 PM
Old 06-30-2015
Thanks Rudic and Yoda for your help !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete lines do NOT match a pattern

On Unix, it is easy to get those lines that match a pattern, by grep pattern file or those lines that do not, by grep -v pattern file but I am editing a file on Windows with Ultraedit. Ultraedit support regular expression based search and replace. I can delete all the lines that match a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JumboGeng
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a line that does not match the pattern

hi, i am parsing a file, in that searching for lines those contains "$threadNo.Received message:" , if that line contains the required fields write them into a separate file other wise ignore them. i am using the following code,but it is printing all the lines , i dont want to rpint , please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete block of lines when pattern does not match

I have this input file that I need to remove lines which represents more than 30 days of processing. Input file: On 11/17/2009 at 12:30:00, Program started processing...argc=7 Total number of bytes in file being processed is 390 Message buffer of length=390 was allocated successfully... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udelalv
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing line match with pattern in column

Hi, I have log like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing line match with pattern in column

Hi, I have log like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the previous line after pattern match?

Team, I am writing a shell script to perform few health checks of the system, where I need to delete the previous line in the text file after pattern match using sed (or) awk. Could you please help me out on this? For example, <td> <td style=color:green align=center> </td> </tr>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If pattern match in other column, modify column 3.

My command sed will modify everything in column 3 if i will use the command below. I want to search for a pattern then modify everything in column 3. sed -i 's/\|165\|/server1/g' file.txt Input: 01-31-2019 19:14:05|device|165|1548962040165|5c5348f9-0804-1111|file_attach|7271|587|smtp|... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
6 Replies
avc_context_to_sid(3)					     SELinux API documentation					     avc_context_to_sid(3)

NAME
avc_context_to_sid, avc_sid_to_context, avc_get_initial_sid - obtain and manipulate SELinux security ID's SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> int avc_context_to_sid(security_context_t ctx, security_id_t *sid); int avc_sid_to_context(security_id_t sid, security_context_t *ctx); int avc_get_initial_sid(const char *name, security_id_t *sid); DESCRIPTION
Security ID's (SID's) are opaque representations of security contexts, managed by the userspace AVC. avc_context_to_sid() returns a SID for the given context in the memory referenced by sid. avc_sid_to_context() returns a copy of the context represented by sid in the memory referenced by ctx. The user must free the copy with freecon(3). avc_get_initial_sid() returns a SID for the kernel initial security identifier specified by name. RETURN VALUE
avc_context_to_sid() and avc_sid_to_context() return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOMEM An attempt to allocate memory failed. NOTES
As of libselinux version 2.0.86, SID's are no longer reference counted. A SID will be valid from the time it is first obtained until the next call to avc_destroy(3). The sidget(3) and sidput(3) functions, formerly used to adjust the reference count, are no-ops and are depre- cated. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
avc_init(3), avc_has_perm(3), avc_cache_stats(3), avc_add_callback(3), getcon(3), freecon(3), selinux(8) 27 May 2004 avc_context_to_sid(3)