Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script executed by Cron or commandline Post 302948518 by RudiC on Tuesday 30th of June 2015 07:38:51 AM
Old 06-30-2015
You might check for your shell's -i (interactive) option by testing the $- parameter.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ant not being executed as cron job

i have a script that uses an ant build.xml and its targets to pull a project from a cvs server, attempt to build the project, and then email me the results. When I run the script (either @ CLI or as a cron job) while I am logged in, everything works fine. However, if the script is set up to run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingfinny
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to determine if a script (perl) was called from a CRON job or commandline

Hi, Is there a way to determine if a Script is called from a CRON job or from a commandline Gerry. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerryMcguire
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script and Commandline difference

Hey there, I just stumbled upon a difference between using awk on the commandline and using it in a shellscript. I have a variable, e.g.: PROG=vim then i want to check if the package with this name is installed: TEMPVAL=$(dpkg -l | awk '{ if ($2 == "$PROG") print $2 }') (Im using... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrSnail
10 Replies

4. AIX

Script not getting executed via cron but executes when executed manually.

Hi Script not getting executed via cron but executes successfully when executed manually. Please assist cbspsap01(appuser) /app/scripts > cat restart.sh #!/bin/ksh cd /app/bin date >>logfile.out echo "Restart has been started....." >>logfile.out date >>logfile.out initfnsw -y restart... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron to get executed on 2nd and 4th saturday of every month

Hi , i need to reboot a server during 2nd and 4th saturday every month. i have come up with the below cron 30 17 8-14 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every second saturday 30 17 22-28 * * if ; then /rebootscript; fi # to reboot every fourth saturday I am wondering why it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job executed at wrong time

Dear *nix users. I'm on Mac OS 10.6 / Terminal and try to use crontab to schedule two scripts every 30 minutes and every 41 minutes. I followed the man instructions and created / installed a crontab file for the current user:crontab -e with the following content */30 * * * *... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxnos
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Content-type: text/html No input file specified." Only in CRON but not when executed directly

Hi gang, I have the following code inside a the file script.sh #!/bin/bash todaysdate=$(date --date='7 day' +'%d') todaysmonth=$(date +'%m') todaysyear=$(date +'%Y') yahoodatestring=$todaysyear$todaysmonth$todaysdate nicedate=$(date --date='5 day' +'%A') nice="$nicedate,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed commands success / fail from commandline vs ksh script

solaris 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200 I need a sed command that tests true when presented with lines that contain either forward and backslash. input file: c:/myFile.txt c:\yourFile.txt It doesn't appear that sed (in my environment anyway) supports... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msutfin
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

/etc/cron.daily script is not being executed

Hi All I have created a file in /etc/cron.daily on redhat linux 7.3 version host called applicationscript cat applictaionscript #!/bin/bash /prod/data/routine.sh cat /prod/data/routine.sh #!/bin/bash #details regular=/prod/data/jboss/logs backup=/prod/data/logs #echo "Moving logs"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
3 Replies
apticron(1)						      General Commands Manual						       apticron(1)

NAME
apticron - Generate a mail listing packages which are pending an upgrade SYNOPSIS
apticron [--cron] DESCRIPTION
apticron is a shell script which generates a mail with a list of all packages currently pending an upgrade, as well as summary of changes - using apt-listchanges - to a configurable Email address. apticron is mainly intended for automatic notification of pending security updates but can also be used in many other situations where timely updates are necessary. The --cron option is only meant to be used when invoked by cron in order to run no more than once a day. FILES
/etc/apticron/apticron.conf Configuration file, Email address to mail and profile for use with apt-listchanges are configurable. /etc/cron.d/apticron Cron job for executing apticron daily. /etc/cron.daily/apticron Fallback cron script for executing apticron (if no crond running or system down at designated time). /var/lib/misc/apticron.cron Time stamp file used by apticron when invoked with --cron option. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-listchanges(1), cron(8) AUTHOR
Apticron was initially developed by Colm MacCarthaigh <colm.maccarthaigh@heanet.ie> with contributions from Marc Sherman <msherman@projec- tile.ca>. Since 2006 it is maintained and improved by Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org>. apticron(1)