Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Cpio: copy failed - No space left on device when I use rpm Post 302948517 by tatab355 on Tuesday 30th of June 2015 07:18:45 AM
Old 06-30-2015
IBM Cpio: copy failed - No space left on device when I use rpm

Hello,

I want to install GCC gcc-4.8.1-2.src.rpm for AIX 6.1
when I lance my command
Code:
rpm -i gcc-4.8.1-2.src.rpm

I have this error
Code:
unpacking of archive failed on file gcc-4.8.1.tar.bz2: cpio: copy failed - No space left on device

I checked the free space and I am surpise becouse I have a free space in all file systemsSmilie ( df )

Code:
Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on
/dev/hd4 4.44 1.58 65% 40830 2% /
/dev/hd2 8.38 3.97 53% 102589 5% /usr
/dev/hd9var 4.00 1.29 68% 7046 1% /var
/dev/hd3 7.81 2.26 72% 2839 1% /tmp
/dev/hd1 8.06 7.67 5% 716 1% /home
/proc - - - - - /proc
/dev/hd10opt 0.25 0.07 74% 3118 5% /opt
/dev/hd11admin 0.12 0.12 7% 28 1% /admin
/dev/fslv00 78.12 10.04 88% 303179 10% /BOInst
/dev/fslv01 19.75 19.71 1% 1050 1% /sapbidata
/dev/fslv02 19.62 18.35 7% 3849 1% /sapbilogs
/dev/fslv03 10.88 1.11 90% 13148 5% /oracle
/dev/fslv04 13.88 2.12 85% 39723 8% /oracle/DBI
/dev/fslv05 1.00 0.71 30% 22 1% /oracle/client/11x_64
/dev/fslv06 1.00 1.00 1% 4 1% /oracle/DBI/origlogA
/dev/fslv07 1.00 1.00 1% 4 1% /oracle/DBI/origlogB
/dev/fslv08 1.00 1.00 1% 4 1% /oracle/DBI/mirrlogA
/dev/fslv09 1.00 1.00 1% 4 1% /oracle/DBI/mirrlogB

Have you any idea please ....

Last edited by Don Cragun; 06-30-2015 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: Add CODE AND ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no space left on device

This seems like it would be a common question, but I didn't find much that helped in a search... I have a script scheduled in my crontab that outputs to /dev/null ie: /dir/scripts/script1 > /dev/null I have recently started getting the error: cp /dir1/dir2/file.xls: No space left on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no space left on device

I have a SCO UNIX on my Server. When I last tried to shutdown my system, I got an error message “no space left on device”. Now when I try to boot the system again, I just can't and I get the same error message. Please help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjane
2 Replies

3. Solaris

No space left on device

Hi all, A very strange problem I have this morning with my Solaris 8. I have a FS full, I deleted some files but the system doesn't seems to reallocate the free space (I'm using Veritas): df -k : /dev/vx/dsk/dlds02vg/dlds02oralv 4194304 4194304 0 100% /dlds02/lds/oracle ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No space left on device

hello all, i have a proc binary that we run on unix environment, and it is generating this error '' tstfile(): No space left on device '' can you please assist on how to narrow down the problem? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdbouk
4 Replies

5. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device]

I am getting error in a shell script having a simple date command. Error is " write to 1 failed ". We saw that /tmp folder was 100% full. When we cleared some space in /tmp folder then script worked fine. Why does date command(or any other command) require space in /tmp folder? Which settings... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahish20
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To handle the case during copy when: No space left on device

print "After create SubDir routine."; createSubDirs($fileDir); my $from = $ORACLE_HOME.$dirSep.$file; my $to = $bootstrapDir.$dirSep.$fileDir; if ($isWindows) { copy($from,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

To handle the case during copy when: No space left on device

print "After create SubDir routine."; createSubDirs($fileDir); my $from = $ORACLE_HOME.$dirSep.$file; my $to = $bootstrapDir.$dirSep.$fileDir; if ($isWindows) { copy($from,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
2 Replies

9. Linux

No space left on device while there is plenty of space available

Hello all posting here after scanning the net and tried most of the things offered still no solution that worked when I do : $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on footmpfs 7.9G 60K 7.9G 1% /dev tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /dev/shm /dev/da1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device] Error

Running a installation on Solaris 11 and getting error write to 1 failed If anyone can advise ? ORIGINAL_PATH="${PATH}" # prepend /usr/xpg4/bin to PATH as needed temporaryPath=`expr "${PATH}:" : '\(/usr/xpg4/bin:\)'` if then PATH="/usr/xpg4/bin:${PATH}" seem to have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mpumi
6 Replies
scap-as-rpm(8)						  System Administration Utilities					    scap-as-rpm(8)

NAME
scap-as-rpm - manual page for scap-as-rpm DESCRIPTION
usage: scap-as-rpm [-h] [--pkg-name PKG_NAME] [--pkg-version PKG_VERSION] [--pkg-release PKG_RELEASE] [--pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY] [--pkg-license PKG_LICENSE] [--pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION] [--rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION] [--srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION] FILE [FILE ...] Takes given SCAP input(s) and makes an RPM package that contains them. The result RPM can be installed using # yum install ./pack- age-name-1-1.rpm which will put the contents into /usr/share/xml/scap. No dependency on openscap or scapworkbench is enforced in the output package so you can use any SCAP-capable scanner to evaluate the content. positional arguments: FILE List of files that should be put into the result package. These should be SCAP XML files but such requirement is not enforced. optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --pkg-name PKG_NAME Name of the RPM package, if none is provided the basename of the first SCAP input is used. Ex.: xyzsecurity-guide --pkg-version PKG_VERSION --pkg-release PKG_RELEASE --pkg-summary PKG_SUMMARY Optional short description of the package. --pkg-license PKG_LICENSE Short name of the license that you want to publish the package under. Ex.: GPLv2+, BSD, ... --pkg-scap-location PKG_SCAP_LOCATION Folder where SCAP files are supposed to be installed. Each package will have its own folder inside this folder. RPM variables can be used and will be expanded as usual. It is recommended to keep the default settings. --rpm-destination RPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result RPM shall be saved. --srpm-destination SRPM_DESTINATION The folder (absolute or relative to CWD) where the result SRPM shall be saved. scap-as-rpm November 2013 scap-as-rpm(8)